Tards at the Goodyear place...

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5950
Well, I had an install to do today so I dropped my truck off to get some new tires. Like an idiot, I didnt pull the remotes on my amps.

Well, I show up at ~5:50pm to get the truck but have to wait because they are running late. (They had the truck since 3:00) It was fine, I had nothing else to do. Paid for the ties (ouch...) and waited.

When I got the truck back, I noticed that the radio was on at about volume 15. I knew I had turned it to 0 and turned it off before though. So, I check the settings.

Sub control was at -3...um...WTF?
My sub control is always at -12 to -14...ALWAYS!
(6v preouts, gains set so radio has plenty of resolution.)

Went back in...asked em just how loud did you play it, how long, and how low did the voltage drop. Oddly...no one in the shop had heard my truck play. (Um yea...sure, 153dB capable as it sits and if you don't watch it voltage gets LOW at idol without my new batts)

WTF is up w/ people? Not only did the guy working on my truck lie, but I KNOW everyone in the shop would hear it. Hell when I got in the truck w/ the radio on vol ~15 it was easily doing high 130's.

/rant

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 3119
I hear ya man. I always take my faceplate out when I drop off my vehicle for some kind of maintenance.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 13704
That's more than fucked up.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13127
um u should have expected that to happen

they must have had a ball with ur music

next time simply take the deck face with u .....

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3419
thats suxs. I had to park my van at one of those garages before where you give them the keys and they park it for you. Well, when i get it back, the volume was at max, and all eq settings were maxed. I had a Curcuit breaker on the main ground that I killed before I gave it to them and it cuts juice to all the amps. they must have been messing with it trying to get it to play. Stupid monkeys

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2092
yeah, my friend had that happen too. I would be uber pissed at someone...

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2851
i let them play with mine

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2094
no me b/c I dont want it to end up blown...

Silver Member
Username: Imback2500

Post Number: 108
ur a b1tch andy stop being a baby
ur a crybaby

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13838
that sux...just as long as they didnt mess up anything....but i definitely would never go there again..and i would tell everybody i knew not to go there anymore

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15059
Get the manager and file a complaint. If you don't get any type of compensation, let them know that you will file a grievance with the Better Business Bureau.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18322
that just sux people mess with stuff like that. it pisses me off. go back to that place and key every single workers car. fukkk it really pisses me off cause it happened to me a couple of times.

Gold Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, 135.5dbs!!!!

Post Number: 1066
Removeable Faceplate FTW

and I would really take it up with the manager, if they had messed with it enough, they could have blown your subs....then what?

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 2178
you should set em up. Leave your settins deciently loud but not loud enough to fu<k anything up. then pop a tire then drop you truck off to get it pactched. Make sure you tell them NOT to turn anything on...at all. Then go sit across the street and wait to hear your subs. Run in and nail the b@stereds

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1488
I always take my faceplate off as too many times have I gone in and some guys stereo is crackling because they have it cranked up past distortion.

I would have told them they lost a customer and swore at them loudly.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8470
That wasn't me who posted that a few posts up if you guys didn't know.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids like my rhyme...

Post Number: 4207
yanks were getting pwnt by the fool using our names, haha.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1474
those stupid b@stards

Gold Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, 135.5dbs!!!!

Post Number: 1068
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU3BXM1Fulc&feature=related]Boot to the Head!![/url]

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 656
did same thing to me when i got my truck washed but i was there...... idiots

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5952
When I go in for a rotation next time, i'm going to try and remember to shut off the radio w/ a 45hz tone running. Prolly have to volume up to mid 140's so it will be safe on the electrical but loud.

I'll just sit in the waiting room.

I don't get why the hell people mess w/ others things...they were swamped when I went in originally, shouldn't the workers be doing their job? Not taking a chance of messing up thousands of $'s of audio?

Hell, I pull seats/dashes/door-pannels out of every car that comes in the shop...the grand total of all I touch is what has to be moved to get the install done. Change in the cup holder doesnt get touched.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 966
haha... I like canaan's idea. That would scare the sh!t out of anyone in or near your vehicle, especially if your not used to bass. You could probably get your service for free too if you complain.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6239
I always pull the face plate when I leave my truck with someone.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1960
Glad you said im gonna have pull my remote wires...... I had ppl at walmart changing my oil eyeballing my setup.... My power wire HU amp and Lookin at the speakers in the door.... n it wont a glance he called ppl over... and i think i had my EHQS 8s in the back....

Wind you this is in my wagon... Im already scared i drive a glass car basically

thats Ghey that they started to mess with everything there WAHHHHKKKK...... i woulda turned it on where it was and said so none of you guys heard that....

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 720
dude that sucks atleast you system was still in your car a buddy of mine took his car to the shop and they said it had to stay over night but when he got it back it was striped no amps or subs te shop said they never sawem wounder how they missed that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us