NEW BUILD!! advice pleaz

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 834
ok so i got my grand prix back...ok so its gonna be 4 10's or 2 15's wel 15's wil only fit facing up. because the height is 17 inches . ok wel every1 has tol me to go with the 4 10s. so ive decided 4 kicker cvx's or 4 type r's. wel cvx has more output. but ive been told alpine wil take beating. so i can build it if i go seald but if its gona be ported a have someone else do it . so i need sugjestions on what would be better. ported vs sealed?? and cvx vs r's??? and if there are any subs that perform better for around the same price i would love to hear from you guys. thanx

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2210
Well I would suggest ported for both of them, but if you go sealed, stick to the Type-R. As far as I know, Kickers don't do well in sealed boxes.

You mention "for the same price"...how much is that?

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 835
ok il do ported. ok the r's i can get around 115 a piece without shipping. and the cvx's are about 120 -125 i think. so anything around that 110-125 range but that would be better with maybe less box voulme would be awsome. but i know theres other subs that wil do ust as good if not better n tat price range. im going for sql. al together on subs i wil spend a little less than 600. if that helps at all.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 836
oh and if i get a 1 ohm stable am. ok heres teh ? if the 4 10's were dual 4ohm if i wired them down wouldnt i get a .5 ohm load? i know if 2 dual 4ohm makes 1 ohm but what if u add 2 more to that?

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2212
What are you doing as far as a box?

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2213
Mach 5 Maw would be nice...and you'd save a lot of money. AQ SD2.5 would also work.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids like my rhyme...

Post Number: 4150
dude 4 10 inch sd 2.5s would get LOUD

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2215
That's what I was thinking Reese.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2216
Bump it up...

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 837
for a box just ported tuned around 33hz . peple tel me thats best for rap. and how much are those mack 5 maw??? wear online can u buy them.?? and sd 2.5's i dont reember wear t get them online. ?? how much do they go for? and would they get louder than what i listed? thanx 4 the help so far everyone..

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 838
bmp bump

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2217
mach 5 = mach5audio.com = $77.00
SD2.5 = audioque.com = $129.00

I am very confident the Audioques will get louder and I am not sure on the Mach 5. I would say it's a good bet that it will.

As for the box, you said you'd have someone build your ported one so I was wondering who was doing that for you.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 839
ok il have to heck out teh mach5's. but mostlikely going with the audioque's. ill prolly go with them. and for teh box i was gona ask WOODLAWN. hes pretty good. wh else would do it on here.???

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2223
There are a lot of people. I build my own boxes and am not THAT far from you (55311) so I was going to offer if you needed it, but Woodlawn would without a doubt be better.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 840
ok wel can even put 4 10" 2.5's in the car with teh box being ported? the trunk is 36 wide 17 high and i think 49 deep. can i even get a box to get fted in the grand prix for four tens? lol. and what do u ean ure not to far away? (55311) ?? ure in neraska thats kinda far. but if ure meaning shiping then id do it. i just dont know howd i pay i dot have a paypal. would a money order work? and i wouldnt be needing it for another 3 weeks. or even a month. i am just geting started again. i have to do everythign all over. it sux .

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 969
You might have to make 2 separate boxes to make them fit. Polo told me this was the biggest box he could fit through t his GP trunk lid 30x21x16.

Not sure, but I think the 10" maws may be sold out, or near sold out. They still are up on the website tho so idk.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2225
Michael I am in Minnesota for breaks and such. I am in NE for school.

The thing you have to keep in mind is that, just because you can fit a box that big the trunk doesn't mean you could actually get it in there. My trunk is huge and I can't fit a large box at all because of the openings.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 841
darn.. so would 4 10's even fit? sde by side or = like that. ??? ad what are 10" maws? no1 said nothign about them... and BCS .. can u draw up a desogn that would work? and show pics of it?

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 842
bump it up

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6904
A single 15'' sub will rock that car. There's no need to go with 4 subs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6907
I sent you a PM Michael.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 843
ok wel would a single 15 get as loud as 4 10's? im gessing yes if i get a nice 15. and whats a pm? a message? or wut?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6920
Yea, there are plenty of 15s that will get as loud as 4 "smaller" 10s and it's less work to build enclosures for a single sub and the wiring is simpler to figure out. Not that these are too big of an issue. A PM is a private message and can be seen through the Email account you used to sign up to this forum.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2226
I am not very good with box designs. Someone here would do much better.

As for the 15" getting as loud, there is almost no way. The 4 10" would be louder, but definitely not very economical. You could do 2 12" as well, but I would definitely not recommend the 4 10"

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2227
"As for the 15" getting as loud, there is almost no way."

Just to clarify, this statement was made based off of the 10" subs being something like the AQs. I know some 15" can get louder than 4 10"

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 844
ok BCS name a few 15's that wil get louder!!

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 845
bumpp

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 846
hey rob. ok i just read ure mssage and it made my day. ok well why does this 9515 look like u put a recone onto another subs surounding? thats looks realy small for foam on a dd. ???? and 375 . awsome. ok how long wil u have this sub for?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6348
" ok well why does this 9515 look like u put a recone onto another subs surounding? "

LMAO wtf are you talking about....... the surround is part of the recone......... recone means ALL the softparts were replaced with a new kit.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 848
oh woops. i didnt know. ok. so is that actually a reconed 9515 rob? or just a brnd new one?

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2233
I don't really know what you want me to answer?

Well the 9515 for starters will get louder than 4 10" BB Dual subs or something of that nature. I did not say a 15" should be able to get louder than 4 good 10" subs.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1969
4 MAW 10s on 1kW were setting off car alarms. Tuned to 40 Hz. I wouldn't hesitate to give them 1500-2000 W if you know what you're doing. 1500 would be alright even if you don't. My MAW 12s are taking 500 W each; they're rated at 350 W. People have given the 12s over 700 W each with no problems.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6351
A reconed sub essentially is brand new, as long the motor isn't damaged.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6938
"hey rob. ok i just read ure mssage and it made my day. ok well why does this 9515 look like u put a recone onto another subs surounding? thats looks realy small for foam on a dd. ???? and 375 . awsome. ok how long wil u have this sub for?"

I'm glad it made your day Michael haha, what you're seeing is DD's EROM surround. What happens is is stretches more upward instead of from side to side like other subs so it doesn't take away from cone area like some subs. I'm not sure how long I'll have the sub but I've had it sitting for sale for probably 2 months now, people just don't have the money for a sub of this quality these days. For the price I'm asking I'm honestly losing a bit of money.

"A reconed sub essentially is brand new, as long the motor isn't damaged."

Yep, the motor is in great shape I'd give the sub an overall of 9 out of 10.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 850
ok so is that surrounding better then? it sounds it can be pushed more. wuts EROM mean? and i would love to get it it woul take me 3 weeks though to get that money i just o a new job. so if you have it then yes il buy it. whats the ohm load on that thing? or ohms? btw i live in isconsin des so if u could meet me sum place no farther than maybe an hour away i would . or it just depends wear i have to meet you. how far would u go. i have n way of making a payment besides cash or credit card of my dads.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 851
bump dammmit

Gold Member

Post Number: 6971
Here's info on the EROM surround.

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/features/EROMSurround.asp

The ohm load config is dual 1.5 so it will wire to 3ohm and .75 but after box rise you'd probably be right near 1ohm and 3.something. So any 1 ohm stable amp should work well.

Reedsburg is 3 and a half hours away from me. Shipping would cost about 50 bucks.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 852
ok the goo dnews is in abut a week and a half il have th emoney for teh sub. one thing i dont have payal or anything im 17. i have cash. so how would i ever get it shipped to me? i could get you to ship it to reedsburg but, thats the thing how else can i get it shipped to me? and whats teh rms rating on that? i heard around 3000

Gold Member

Post Number: 6977
http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/woofers.asp?series=9500g

Series

9500g

Voice Coil Diameter

3"

Magnet Weight

406 oz

Power Handling RMS/Peak

1500/6000

Suspension

80 mm

Nominal Impedance

.35 - 4.0 Ohm

DC Resistance

.35 - 3.6 Ohm

Model

9510g

9512g

9515g

9518g

Rec Box (cubic ft)

Port Area (sq in)

Port Length (inches)

Woofer Diameter

10"

12"

15"

18"

Free Air Resonance

35 Hz

34 Hz

33 Hz

29 Hz

Qts

Qes

Qms

Vas

15L

35 L

85 L

Sensitivity

87 dB

89 dB

93 dB

94 dB

Shipping Weight

50 lbs

51 lbs

55 lbs

61 lbs

On music it will take quite a bit. Same with burps. Driving was feeding his 4k for a while on music and burping it with that same power.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 853
ok but what do u mean n music it wil take allot?? i won't be burping it though. so i am stil wondering how or what way i can pay you? i heard i can in a money order, but my dad sais people get ripped off allot that way.. but i aint saying you would do that. im just wondering how to do this? and if i gave you 400 would u ship it ? or do u want 375 and 50 shipped? i can get the money in a week and a half. so i wil deffinately want the sub. i just need to get info on how to send you money . would a mtx 91002d amp work wel with this sub? its 3792 at the birthsheet i think!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6993
Michael give me a call tomorrow. I'm sending you a PM. Call me around 2 please.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6995
Also, if you have AIM hit me up at Getripped84

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 854
i only have msn. or yahoo. that i rarely use yahoo

Gold Member

Post Number: 6996
Getripped84@yahoo.com is my MSN but I'm going to bed so hit me up later.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 855
ok il add u later today. btw i just called you and u didnt answer. wel idk give me a cal back.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 856
so whats a good amp around 400 -450 that'l ound this sub rob? or any1?? or even cheaper if possible?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7018
You're best bet is a 1-ohm stable amp that is used for that price range.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7019
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294989

Not a bad deal here.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us