WOW @ DD Pricing

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

They Love 2 Hate Me, Most Hated a... USA

Post Number: 1400
494 shipped for 2 2512 straight from DD... im going to order either 2mrw or monday... These subs better be the best subs i ever heard for 500 bucks!!! they gor for 235 each and then 24 dollars shipping. wow 2nd thoughts setting in. . . .

Jus kiddin

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 3222
used *cough cough*

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1710
WOW WOW WOW WOW that's a good deal...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1405
I dnt think its a good deal. Maybe because I've never heard dd subs.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8408
DD certainly isn't cheap.

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2208
Wow that is spendy. I would be having second thoughts as well.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18249
dd isn't for poor folks like me.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8409
Maybe if you didn't buy a new sub every other week than you'd be better off Chad.

Sad thing is though, you do buy a sub every other week and still are great off.

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 275
ya i was going to get some 35s a while back but decided against it because im broke...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1711
WOW Chad you already have a DD sub.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18250
jp guys. still gonna get a 9115 soon.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1406
I man from what I here there aint much better choices for 1500 watts @ 1 ohm.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1712
Just let it go Chad. Just let it go......

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1566
I think the 1500 series sound better than the 2500's, and the over all performance is nearly equal to the 25's.
If I were going to spend more than the cost of 1500's i would skip the 25's and go straight to 35's.
I think the 15's are plenty loud, you'd be completely surprised.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3287
AudioQue SD2.5s

Gold Member

Post Number: 1407
But I already paid woodlawn 2 make my box for 2 2512... I want to be a the loudest I can get on 1500 watts.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1408
If I didn't have tht box already I'd prolly get 2 12" mags but I paid like 225 for tht box and waited 6 hours for it so I'm going to use it.

How would the 3512's sound on 1500 watts?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7735
u hsould get the 1500 series..

theres no much of a diference between the 15 and the 25 series..

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13816
Only DD sub i would get is the 9100's..the rest of them are overpriced IMO

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4423
arent the 9100s like 900? or something real expensive. I don't think the lower moddels are THAT pricey. the 3500 a little and the 9500 and higher you are buying the best of the best so..... and as for them its a prestige and people pay it so I wouldn't lower the prices if I were them.

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 290
you get what you pay for. dd is a benchmark company

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18260
trevor you can get the 9115 for around 700 bux.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 13611
"I dnt think its a good deal. Maybe because I've never heard dd subs."

Stick around for a bit. After midnight we dress up in cloaks and pray to the bass gods around a fire.

Gold Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 1001
i would like to try out a couple of 9115's...i may do it this summer...if not i'm definately going 4 9512's.....and some major electrical upgrades FTW

Username: The_mod

BANVILLEUSA

Post Number: 6
I always wonder WTF people are talking about when they say DD is so expensive.

Try finding another sub in the retail market that is on par w/ DD and around the same price. It is a beautiful thing that DD is not whored out online like Kicker, RF, MTX, Soundstream. Look at retail (not ebay) on those subs then come back and look at DD prices.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3288
Check out the pricing on the 2008 ZX amps and the 2008 L5,L7 subs.

Internet authorized Dealer
http://sonicelectronix.com/kicker-car-audio.html

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Clarion Hert...

Post Number: 2399
I wouldnt pay 500 bucks for 2 2512s.

I halfway agree with Chauncey except i would also buy a 9515. I like them alot, except for the price (new).

Chadly... get the 9115 soon please. Im tired of hearing about how bad you want it!

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6855
"i would like to try out a couple of 9115's...i may do it this summer...if not i'm definately going 4 9512's.....and some major electrical upgrades FTW"

I'd like to see that. You better get yourself a serious electrical system or battery bank. You should run 6-8K rms for that.

THE_MOD

BANVILLE USA Post Number: 6
Registered: Feb-08 -I just find the location to be pretty funny.

For all of you crying about how expensive DD is...think about them being hand built here in the U.S.A. . They have to be built by someone and it's not cheap to pay an American citizen a wage that makes it worth his while as opposed to the crap you get from China where they pay people 5 cents an hour to get the job done fast. I'm not saying that just because it's American made that it makes the product necessarily better but if I was getting paid decent money it would influence me to do a better job as opposed to making next to nothing at a job I could care less about. DD also doesn't cheap out when it comes to the parts they choose when it comes to assembling or building subwoofers, they use the highest quality materials you can find for the most part. It's sad how cheap people are these days. Buy your Chinese made look-a-like woofers from other companies if you must. I'm tired of seeing the same subs everywhere, same cones,dust caps and surrounds with different stickers on em.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18277
"Chadly... get the 9115 soon please. Im tired of hearing about how bad you want it!"

lol jake. i just don't want it bad enough yet. lol.

Bronze Member

BANVILLEUSA

Post Number: 12
I said RETAIL, as in a retail store-front.

On that note, its is incredibly sad that SonicElectronix is an authorized dealer. I thought Kicker was more dealer loyal than that, guess I was wrong.

But, what most saddens me is that Ike Sound is listed as an authorized internet dealer. It utterly amazes me that on Kicker site they describe Ike Sound as having "outstanding Customer Service". :-(

Walk into your local Kicker dealer's shop and get some real prices...then compare to DD. Zx750.1's likely go for ~$450-500 (MSRP $550) if you get a deal at a brick and mortar shop. And good luck getting something warrantied w/ Ike Sound.

Hear are some more realist prices:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/shopbybrand.do?context=99794641&catOid=-13093&N=4 0794641+20013093&WT.mc_n=56055&WT.mc_t=U&cm_ven=INTERNAL&cm_cat=KICKER.COM&cm_pl a=CAR%20AUDIO%20SUBWOOFER-%3ESUBWOOFERS&cm_ite=26883%20SUBWOOFERS_KICKER.COM&cm_ keycode=56055

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/shopbybrand.do?context=99794641&catOid=-13095&N=4 0794641+20013095&WT.mc_n=56056&WT.mc_t=U&cm_ven=INTERNAL&cm_cat=KICKER.COM&cm_pl a=AMPLIFIERS-%3EAMPLIFIERS&cm_ite=26884%20AMPLIFIERS_KICKER.COM&cm_keycode=56056

DD is pretty much dealer only (unless you have no local dealer). So, in order to even begin to compare price...get real in shop prices on other brands.

What you see online is dealer cost from distributors and drop-shippers whoring out the brands due to little or no overhead.

Silver Member
Username: Tycoonbob

Post Number: 134
im gonna get 2 2515s from the dealer nearest me for 460 total. plus like 25$ for gas so its like 285 total =]

Bronze Member

BANVILLEUSA

Post Number: 13
For the lazy ones:

Kicker CVR15 MSRP --- $280
DD 1515 MSRP --- $220 (priced a few weeks ago)

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
i can get 1 2512 for $230. just a hour drive down the road.

Bronze Member
Username: Imback2500

Post Number: 77
they suck

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
what sucks

Bronze Member

BANVILLEUSA

Post Number: 14
Nice price Derek.

Good dealers will do you right it you come to them and act like you have half a brain.

There is nothing that will piss a dealer off more than having people come in saying "Well, I can get that sub/amp online for $200. So, I'll give you $200 for it".

Gold Member

Post Number: 6875
"Nice price Derek.

Good dealers will do you right it you come to them and act like you have half a brain.

There is nothing that will piss a dealer off more than having people come in saying "Well, I can get that sub/amp online for $200. So, I'll give you $200 for it"."

It sounds as if you know from experience sir. If you have a shop where is it at so I can swing by there and do ignorant crap like that?

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
Well at first he acted like I didnt know anything, but then again he never met me or talked to me before. He didnt realize I knew about how to wire them to the right ohms, about dual coils, amps being overrated/underrated, knowing brands and what people think about them, etc., etc. But he seems like a really cool guy, and I cant wait to get them

Gold Member

Post Number: 6879
You made a good choice Derek. I'm sure you'll be happy with those subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us