Why does my amp shut off a mid volume

Username: Mostly_highs

Post Number: 1
I have a sony 600w amp run with the hookup kit from the local audio store it is a 4 channel with 2 channels powering 4 6inch speakers and the other 2 channels running a 10' sub and a pa when the amp shuts down it isnt hot to the touch could it not have big enough wire powering it it is grounded under a bolt on the frame

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1484
You are running it as some weird ohm load that it most likely can't handle. Get a class D mono amp for your sub as running it off your 4 channel isn't reccomended.

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 388
thats y u dont use sony amps...and its not a good idea to hook up ur speakers to the same amp as your sub... lol

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6144

Post Number: 4
i took off the sub but it still shuts off the 6inch i think are 8 ohm and they are wired in parallel so the resistence should only be 4 ohm right not to bad of a load gain isnt set but half way up

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 399
like i said b4.."thats y u dont use sony amps" there amps suck bro.

Post Number: 6
thanks for ur help im selling the sony and getting another amp any good brands for less then 300 in around 1000 watts or so

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 432
zx1000.1 does 1000 @ 2ohms but they are underated and will do more watts, on ebay prob 250 r so shipped. i got mine off ebay refurb and it works great still running strong after 6 months. dnt forget dont use the same amp u use to power ur subs to power ur speakers too. that is an bad idea.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us