Wiring problems

Username: Burtontd

Kansas USA

Post Number: 4
first off i am new to the game. i am currently running a 300w audiovox off a pioneer head with 2 600w 10" kicker comps. i was given a kole q4-960 and thought this hase to be better than what i got. hooked it up but the power light turns red and says protection. what am i doing wrong? for now i will brave the frigid temps and try again.any advice is appreciated! thanx

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 392
that amp might not be able to handle the ohm load your giving it...

Silver Member
Username: Wylie_coyote

Post Number: 175
you should also check that it has been connected up the right way. Check all the wiring, especially the Ground and remote. 8/10 times its the wiring which is causing the protection light to come on

Username: Mostly_highs

Post Number: 5
shorten ground wire????

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3400
how are you wirering it? Whats the voice coils on the subs? I assume you have 4 ohm dvc subs, each wired down to a 2 ohm load, bridged on each channel?

Output 100 x 4 at 4 ohms RMS
125 x 4 at 2 ohms RMS
250 x 2 Watts at Mono

My quess is that you are running it too low. Try running 1 sub to channel 1, and 1 sub to channel 2. Leave 3-4 empty. does it come on? If so, then that amp can only be bridged at 4 ohms. Also check the ground connections. if its lighting, its got power.

Username: Chrisryanbailey

Post Number: 1
i got my 3 jl subs running off a 900watt class d kicker amp and i just purchased a pair of kicker ks20 tweeters witch i am going 2 have hooked up 2 a rockfordfausgate p.450 amp and i just wanted 2 know if u can hook up the rockford amp with out running anything from the deck and just bridging or splitting from my other amp????????? does any of that seem possible>haha

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA United States

Post Number: 142
what do you mean bridge off of the other amp? if you mean what i think you mean, the answers no.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us