Is this enclosure good?

Bronze Member
Username: Dupe112309

Post Number: 27
http://cgi.ebay.com/QPower-12-Dual-Bandpass-Enclosure-w-Plexiglass-Cover_W0QQite mZ310014730436QQihZ021QQcategoryZ50566QQcmdZViewItem

puttin 2 12" alpine type r's in there. looking for a vented so would this sound good? i really like the see-through part.

Bronze Member
Username: 2000celica

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 74
my friend had that same type of box in his grand prix and it wasn't very well built at all. i wouldnt recommend it. you need a really solid box for 2 type R's. exspecially with the power you'll be sending to them. it would rock that box apart.

Gold Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, 135.5dbs!!!!

Post Number: 1052
Pretty much ANY prefab enclosure sucks..especailly the bandpass ones. You need a custom built enclosure.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7890
the bad thing with prefab bandpass boxes is the clear panels vibrate and flex usually causing the screws to eventually get loose ...if I built a bandpass id use all .75 mdf but if you used plexiglass id buy it in .75 thickness at least...you dont want to put those alpine subs in there ...another thing if your driving alot of power to your subs in a bandpass box you also need to make sure you have enough port area

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7891
If you want to be able to see your alpines in a sealed or ported box buy some plexi for one panel and make one but plexi isnt cheap

Bronze Member
Username: Dupe112309

Post Number: 28
what dimensions would you reccomend for those two type r's......and sealed or ported? i think sealed gives a tighter bass but ported has some advantages....what do you suggest?

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 354
www.woodlawncabinetry.com <---great guy, builds great boxes, know from personal experience

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6103
Prefab boxes suck.......... get one from woodlawn or www.fishercustoms.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us