Peel n seal question for the 50th time

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

They Love 2 Hate Me, Most Hated a... USA

Post Number: 1354
Ok I read in the "deadener showdown" tht peal and seal is no different than the low end dynamats and other sound deadeners. But a lot of ppl on here say peel n seal completly sucks and serves no purpose.
And others say it does.

Well I'm going to use it for money reasons but when I do use it what are the best techniques to use to apply it and make it work to the best of its ability

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 354
make sure there are no bubbles i guess...

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

WEST COAST RD AUDIO

Post Number: 18003
get yourself a roller. you can get one at home depot. after you apply that peel and sh!t stuff, use the roller to make it stick good.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5841
clean the area first (simple green works good and is pretty cheap), let the area dry, then apply it with a roller, in small sections at a time. and if you do double layers, make sure you overlap the ends of the first sections. and i got my roller at true value, $3 in the paint/wallpaper section.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5842
also, peel and seal is asphalt based, so you may get that smell in your car. just to let you know.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

WEST COAST RD AUDIO

Post Number: 18004
don't be cheap on deadener dwight. if you use cheap stuff then you'll need like 2 or 3 layers. with good stuff, usually one layer does the trick.

good point ctmike. forgot about the cleaning part. see this is why you are awesome buddy. lol:-)

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5928
If you do go w/ peel-n-seal, heat is up alil when putting it on. A hair dryer is good.

Or do it the easy was and go w/ good stuff.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us