Amp for pioneer

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 160
what a good amp for the money on some PRS pioneer speakers like these

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://12.41.28.254/pioneerpremier/TSC720 PRS.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.audio-warehouse.com/web/mdl/TSC720PRS/detail.asp&h= 300&w=400&sz=20&hl=en&start=11&um=1&tbnid=6R4StRKsvkNWRM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=124&prev= /images%3Fq%3DPioneer%2Bspeakers%2Bprs%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

i don't know much about door speakers. is hooking them up that hard? it looks pretty easy but i always ask ?s just in case

Bronze Member
Username: Ewok

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 25
that premier set is tight but to expensive, theirs another brand that has a better quality i believe and that would cost less, its the focal 130 a1 access comps

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
i have listened to the focal 130 a1 and compared them to the pioneer. the prs sounds better.
but if there is anything else you think that would sound better for the money tell me cause i will listen to anything. thanx

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1423
I don't enjoy the tweeter that Focal has. A bit bright.

The RMS on them speakers is only 50w. With that I would either get a cheap Kicker 100.2 or a Kicker 250.2

With the 250.2 you would have to have the gain way down so you don't overpower the speakers.

With the 100.2 you would be getting 35w at 4 ohms, given the amp is a little underrated maybe around 50w RMS.

Either way, I would look at some different speakers because you could find something cheaper and more effective.

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 31
oh i see, question, is aluminum or titanium tweeter more bright than a regular silk dome tweets? please i want to know

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1429
Really depends on the tweeter. From what I have heard, the size plays a role too. I myself would go with some silk or neodynium.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6102
" is aluminum or titanium tweeter more bright than a regular silk dome tweets? "

Yes. There is usually a significant difference.

Out of all the components I've heard which is a lot, the slik tweeters almost always sound better.

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 32
ok thanks guys

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
WELL! what is something good? if i the pms is not the best for the money than what is? those were the best i listened to at the caraudio place other than some focals that are like a grand. ill spend about 300 bucks on speakers. and ill get the on ebay or what ever is cheaper. but i kinda what to listen to them first. i live in springfield if any of u guys are from around there

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 41
ya when you live someplace that lacks of carstereo stuff, i say ebay is the site to go. how about boston acoustic comps

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1496
Well if you liked them, get them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
its so hard for me to pick cause some of the stuff i am told is good i wont be able to listen to. i might know of a place that has sells boston.

all i raelly have to hear is focal. and i know there is stuff that is just as good or better. its so hard

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Post Number: 113
I think another hard part here is that 300 is a breaking point between good and really good. by that i mean... if your budget was pushed to 400, you could get some really nice higher end stuff, and you could look at more brands. for 300 or under though, options are still running along the budget lines. are you willing to push a little higher at all? do you have a budget for an amp also?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6193
Werd...... you can get CDT HDs for around 350-400

Silver Member

Post Number: 164
ya i can go for 400. or more.. i just don't want to spend to much. but if its worth it YA !

i have a rockford 200 punch amp if i can get it from my freind. that would prolly be good for this

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
get an exact model number on that amp if you can. check out CDT's stuff if you'd like to....an M6, 560i, and DRT-26 tweeter would probably be a real nice setup for you

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
and if i can be of any help with the CDT stuff, feel free to email me: sales@exigeaudio.com

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6211
" an M6, 560i, and DRT-26 tweeter "

That would damn kick azz

Bronze Member
Username: Imback2500

Post Number: 71
sony explode
u dumb phuck i told u already

Silver Member

Post Number: 166

be for real

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
so i guess i am going to get M6, 560i, and DRT-26 tweeters.... looks good to me! thanks every one. if i am aobut to buy something that is crap some one please tell me soon! haha

i feel so stupid about some of this stuff

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1498
That is a top quality set. Slap like 175w-200w on those and they will scream. Able to keep up with any substage.

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 49
That is a top quality set. Slap like 175w-200w on those and they will scream. Able to keep up with any substage.

is it 175w-200w on each or on both speakers?

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
175-200w per channel...ie, per side....ie, per crossover. multiple speakers so can't really say per speaker ;)

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
so do i need something that is 200rms at 2 ohm?

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 51
at 4ohms i believe

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 52
ya maybe at 2ohms 200route

Silver Member

Post Number: 170
200 at 4 ohms is a pretty good sized amp

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
200w RMS @ 4ohms.

here's a solid one for you: http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_22&products_id=47
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us