Wiring my EQ

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2594
I'm getting an EQS and I want to know where i should take the power/ground from.....(i can't just go from my distro's can i?

and i can just use my same remote wire right? thanks

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1964
you can use the power from your distro and yeah, as long as you dont have mulitple amps on your HU REM, just use that. If you have 2 amps on your HU REM, just put a relay on it and run the EQ on your relay. Dont wanna put too much strain on your REM wire

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1965
oh yeah, and just find bare metal behind your dash, or wherever your EQ is being mounted, for the ground

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3367
the D=Block is fine. and yes, you can use the rem. however, if you are using a lot of amps and eqs on the rem, you may want to step up to a relay. and again, that can be juiced from the D-Block as well.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2595
could you link me to a relay

i have a sub amp and comp amp, so what size wire would i run from the distro to the eq? like any gauge?

and yea that means i'd have three things on my remote wire....link please? thanks alot

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2596
trunkmount btw

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2599
bump please

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2600
bump for marc or capps or someone

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3369
http://www.the12volt.com/relays/relays.asp

section 36

http://www.bcae1.com/

*Pin 30*
+12 Volts (Battery +)

*Pin 87*
Amplifiers' remote turn-on terminal

*Pin 86*
Head unit remote turn-on lead

*Pin 85*
Ground

*Pin 87a*
No connection (SPDT only)

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3370
and if you install one, use it to turn on all amps and eqs

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6086
NEVER power anything with a HU remote wire!

Any more than 0.1 amp can fry the circuit in the HU

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2601
i'm not gonna lie, i dont raelly understand.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3382
Upload

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1972
thats it mark. Basically the realy takes a power in, your remote in (to trigger the power) and then the power out and a ground. The rem doesnt send power to the amps, it tells the relay to send power (from the 12v source), to the things you have wired up to the relay. What size amps are you running now? with that you can figure out how big of a relay to use.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2602
i'm gonna be running a DD C2 (150x2 @4) and a DD M1 (rated 600@1 ohm but does arund 1500@1 ohm) and then an EQS...

could you link me to a good one. thanks for that diagram marc now i totally get it.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3385
just go to a local car parts store. get a bosch 20 or 30 amp one. A 15 amp one will work too. You dont need a high amp one, cause its just the rem signal, like .5ma each, not the amps power. expect to pay no more then $5 bucks.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1978
oh yeah, I wasnt thinking when I was trying to figure out how big of a relay he needed. haha, Im a dumbazz. 15 amp would be PLENTY

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3386
yea, I didnt want to make a big deal out of it.

What your thinking of is a solinoid. used to turn on and off large power demand equipment. As you see in the pic, the solinoid is turning my amps ground on/off via a relay (blue wire on front)controlling it. (I have a problem with it not shutting off, so this is a work around solution)

Upload

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1979
actually I was thinking about fuse size. haha

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3388
"What size amps are you running now? with that you can figure out how big of a relay to use."

"actually I was thinking about fuse size. haha"

Fail

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1980
?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin IF IT DOESNT...

Post Number: 1395
"What your thinking of is a solinoid. used to turn on and off large power demand equipment"

a relays function is basicaly the same thing. to turn on a high voltage load with a low voltage input. a solenoid is basically a relay.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1984
what did you mean by "fail" Marc?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3389
since you want to know,
you said you needed to know the amps current draw to figure out the relay size. Current draw does not apply when using a relay for hu rem.
and they you said you were thinking about the fuse size. again, its a low amprage draw, so kwowing amps draw does not play into it. a 5-15 amp fuse would be fine.

and yes, a solinoid is a big relay. but used when there is high amprage involved. a regular relay would not handle current over say 50 amps. Thats why the are used in starters. High demand current apps.

relax, i was just messing with you. your advice was sound.

But on a side note, ground the eq to the same ground spot as the amps or HU. less chance of ground loop issues.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1997
I said I was thinking about fuse size, I meant I was asking his amp size so I could tell him how big of a fuse to use, not that we needed his fue size to tell him how big of a relay he needs. I confused myself when I was typing the reply, thinking we were trying to figue out how big of a fuse he needed on his power wire. Just me not thinking.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us