System remote wire on the amp

Bronze Member
Username: Zester

Gardena , California

Post Number: 35
please can anyone help me, i need to hook up the amp remote wire to the head unit remote, where can i get the wire, doest have to be the blue and white color wire , or can i use any wire? please i want to know. i already have the ground wire and battery wire though.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6794
Use any 16 gauge wire. Color doesn't matter and You can also run it from the power wire on your amp into the remote input line but then your amp would always stay on.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6062
16 gauge? A lot of amp kits come with up to 22 gauge wire for the remote which is fine. It doesn't have to carry hardly any current.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6798
The reason I said 16 gauge is because that's most commonly found in Automotive parts stores :-) That and 18 gauge.22 gauge snaps very easily when you're pulling it through tight places so that's another reason why I don't recommend it.

Bronze Member
Username: Prostreetamx

Las Vegas, NV United States

Post Number: 19
Some hook up kits have a wire attached to the RCA cables for amp trigger. I personally won't use anything smaller than 16ga. in my cars for anything since I don't want to buy all those different colors in so many different gauges.

Bronze Member
Username: Ewok

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 24
thanks guys, maybe ill go to this car audio shop near my pad, ill prolly get a 16 gauge or 22
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us