What wiring for kicker zx 350.4

Bronze Member
Username: Dupe112309

Post Number: 19
kicker zx 350.4 4x60 rms....i was looking at 8 gauge wiring but how much will i need? i see something like 8 feet and 3 ft ground cable but im not sure how that works

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin IF IT DOESNT...

Post Number: 1388
use this kit. it has everything you will need.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KOLAK84

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
wow, you just made everything a lot easier, this will be enough to wire all 4 speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA United States

Post Number: 113
yes that will work. just remember, if you ever upgrade to a larger amp. you have to also upgrade to larger power and ground wire. If i were you, i'd get something bigger to leave room for ezpansion (Upgrading). Just my openion...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
lookin at getting 5 1/4" type x ref. alpine components. they run at 60w rms. should i be looking for something that runs something more of 70-90? or would that be bad for the speakers?

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
if the speakers are 60rms, the outcome of running a 70-90rms amp would not be good.i learned that the hard way...

8ga wire will be fine for this application.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1895
He just has to listen for distortion and watch for over-excursion when he's setting the gain. You know what MS says.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
ok here's my setup agian: gonna run kicker zx 350.4 which runs 60x4 rms @4ohms....front 5 1/4" alpine type x components which run 60w rms. since rears dont really matter but i still want rear speakers i'm gonan run alpine 5 1/4" type r's which run 90w rms......so should i just be safe and use the kicer 350.4 instead of having to worry about anything else? i'm upgrading from all factory stuff so im not looking for competition sound just something that will give me good sound. just ordered my alpine cda 9884 hu last night for 165 shipped. then lookin for 2 12" type r subs.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1897
You should be happy with that.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6075
If the speakers are 60w a 70-90w amp would be prefect..... you always have to have a little more than you need.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
if i get a 70 or 90 watt amp could i tune it to have an rms of about 65 or 70 for the fronts so it has a little extra juice but give the full 70 or 90 to the rears?

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
yes i belive so, if you get a 4 ch amp. that will give you a l and r front channel and a l and r rear channel. then the front and the rear speakers can be controlled independantly. there is an adjustment for the front and the rear.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
i could get either the alpine f450 or f550 to power the speakers. the 450 puts out 4x70 and the 550 puts out 4x90. so i could set a limit on how much power went to the speakers? and then if i was putting 70 or 75 watts would i need different ga wire? like what would handle 90w?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6081
16 gauge is good for speaker wire

Yes you can adjust the front and rear channel gains separately

The 550 is a great amp, I have one bridged at 250w X 2 for my components

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
im prob either gonna get the type x ref. components but they only run at 60w rms and the type r's i think run at 90 or 100. which would you reccomend?

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
M.S is right;
"16 gauge is good for speaker wire "

"Yes you can adjust the front and rear channel gains separately "

16 Ga wire will work for this application

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1432
I would get all four of the same speakers if you're going to run front and rear. Having 60w in front and 90w in back would be weird. Get the Type R's.

You could run a 90w speaker with a 125w amp as long as the gain is set correctly. Having "headroom" (more power than you need) is a good idea.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
where would you find 16 gauge wire? all im finding is 4 ga.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6098
Hahaha you are definetly not finding 4 gauge SPEAKER wire. Search for speaker wire not power wire.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
im lookin for like a complete amp kit that would work. i think im just gonna go with all type r's so the rms matches better and get a pdx 4.100 amp so what amp kit would i need for that?

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1435
8 gauge kit would work. If you gotta run all new wire I would get hit a cheap audio warehouse and get like 75 ft of 16g just in case. It sucks when you run out..

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
you could just go to wal mart and get a roll of 16ga speaker wire 50 feet long for like 12.00 or so. lowes even carries 16 ga speaker wire. at least the lowes in GA does.

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?webpage_id=3&CAT_ID=56&ObjectGroup_ID=37 4

This is a link to a p-lace called parts express. it goes to their speaker wire.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us