Question about gain/volume/electrical system

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

They Love 2 Hate Me, Most Hated a... USA

Post Number: 1325
Ok as every probably knows I'm going to be running to dd 2512 on a saz 1500 in about 2 or 3 weeks.
My stock alt is 80 amps or 100 amps can't remember
I kno I need a HO alt but might not have the money right away.

Sooo my question is if I get the subs and amps installed w/o the HO alt right away could I have my gains set low enough tht when I crank the colume on my head unit the volts on my volt meter won't drop below 11 volts?? What is the danger zone for clipping on voltmeters anyway is it 11.5 or 11.
Like will my subs be loud if I have it setup like tht for a while or will I be screwed w/o tht HO alt.
I dnt think this is a stupid question so no flaming.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6777
Lol, it's a stupid question but I won't flame you. You never want to drop below 12 volts period. Keep your gains down low and you'll be alright, remember you're also in control of the volume knob. Will it be loud? Probably to your ear.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1329
Thanx rob I forgot what the volt rule was sorry man. I guess the real question would be is it going to be a big differnce to the ear when playing the subs with gain down to prevent clipping or getting the HO alt and turning the gain higher bcuz the eclec system can handle it. Like will I notice a big difference in loudness between the 2.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1419
Of course if you turn the gain up, it will "sound louder".... How is that a question - the answer is yes. there will be a difference

Gold Member

Post Number: 1331
Ok we'll I guess I asked the question wrong of course it will be louder.
What I mean is will the loudness differnce be worth the extra 500 dollars ima shell out for a HO alt I kno its probably up to me I just want others opinions.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6780
Well...in order to get the most clean power out of your amplifiers you need the amperage and or voltage or charging to back up the demands. If you're giving your amps less than 12 volts they're going to possibly get damaged. You also have to be careful with the gain so you don't create too much distortion by feeding a "dirty" signal to your subs. Step up your game and get an alternator. Did you buy the 2512s yet?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1332
No not yet I'm getting a check for about 1100 around the 15th of this month give or a take a few days.
I have to get subs 450 and I want to get the lip on my rims painted which is like 500 so idk plus I gota buy a bunch of chrome sh1t for my car too I jus hit the lottery for 400 bucks too but I gota wait 4 weeks for tht check.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

WEST COAST RD AUDIO

Post Number: 17894
car audio before chrome sh!t dwight. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1333
I want to be loud and sexy chad haha. I wana make b1tches rain on themselves. Haha dnt tell my girl I said tht. Ahaha

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids like my rhyme...

Post Number: 3939
if you already have rims then get an alt and paint the lip later...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1334
Yea I already got the rims.. Iight ill wait hopefully I can get it done b4 the meet.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1335
I'm still decding wether to get a 200 amp from EA or a 180 amp from this newer company called maniacelectricmotors the maniac one is only 400 and the EA is like 500. Check the maniac one out the name listed above is their ebay name and also I think they have a website by that name to

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids like my rhyme...

Post Number: 3944
see if that new company can custom build you a 200 amp alt... shouldn't be that much more... db electric sells alts for a dollar an amp, but they are only domestic.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6051
Listen to Rob everything he told you here is correct

Gold Member

Post Number: 1336
They said 180 is the highest they have been able to get to bcuz when they go higher they sacrafice amps for volts or something like tht basically the qaulity of ur electrical system will go down signifigantly when they go higher than 180 as of right now they are working on higher amperage ones now tho. Its all bcuz of the stupid toyota hair pin stator. Got a quote 2day for 456 plus shipping for a 180 amp ima go with them hopefully and give a postive reccomndation for them. 180 will me more than enough for me and just in my price range.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7860
"Ok we'll I guess I asked the question wrong of course it will be louder.
What I mean is will the loudness differnce be worth the extra 500 dollars ima shell out for a HO alt I kno its probably up to me I just want others opinions."

Dwight its good you havent bought the subs yet because you need to decide if upgrading your alt. is in your plans if not you need to run the power that your stock alt can handle and that will help you choose the right subwoofer or subwoofers that will work best on that power...you dont have to have alot of power to get loud and sound good...im not saying dont upgrade your alt since I think you already bought the saz 1500...just take your time and think it through

Gold Member

Post Number: 1341
Well I was trying to sean but some idiots around here I dnt remeber who but my exact question was what is the loudest setup I can get w/o upgrading my electrical and they reccomended a saz and the dd's then after I get the amp and the box made they say o well ur gona need a HO alt. And I'm like wtf ??? I specifically asked what should I get so I dnt have to upgrade bcuz if tht was the case I wuda gota stonger amp and better subs. Sheez so I got mis informed. But ima get a 180 A probably next week.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5835
i remember when you asked how much power you can run on your stock alt. you had posted that your alt. was higher than what it actually was, i think it was me possbibly that had told youto check autozone or call your car manufacturer to find out, and it was then that you found out your stock alt. wasn't as big as you had thought (think you said someone local told you you had a large alt.).

Gold Member

Post Number: 1343
Yea but tht was after the fact. B4 we was even discussing tht. Some ppl were saying tht 1200 to 1500 was good on stock electrical. Yea I think my stock is 100amps

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5836
guess you should have waited for more responses then. unless people were just fuc_king with you, 1200-1500 is to much. like others here said, spend the money on the ho alt. instead of getting your rims painted. no purpose buying nice audio gear only to ruin it by having a poor charging system.

but if you absolutely can't get a ho alt., just get one nice sub to run off your amp at 2ohm. that's what i'd do.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1344
Yea ima get a 180A from maniacelectricmotors.com for 456 + shipping so around 475.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7863
good idea if you want to use that amp to its fullest potential but youll probably need a upgraded battery to run that and an amp for your highs effectively...the car itself draws from the alt just to run the basics

Gold Member

Post Number: 7864
im talking worst case slamming the system of course

Gold Member

Post Number: 1345
What do u mean sean? I have a 2 channel amp for my comps both r phoenix gold.

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 316
camry's stock alt is usually 80 amps. you should have done research before buyin the saz1500. if you dont want to spend that much on a alt just sell the saz1500 and get a diff amp like the zx1000.1. thats what amp im running off stock, which i also have a camry too, and it does fine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1346
I'm gtting the HO alt

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 318
"Yea I already got the rims" what kinda rims you got? what size?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1347
Chrome of course! I would post a pic but I'm at work.
There 18" I could SQUEEZE 20" under there but its a tight fit and its either a hit or miss with rubbing and I don't want to waste 2 grand on a hit or miss. Plus big rims like tht wear out your transmission quicker. But I like em.

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 319
haha yea i got chrome 18's too, i was going to get 20's but decided not too. but u can easily fit 20's on a 05 camry. lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1348
Well my rim dealer says it'll be a stretch depending on tires.

You'll see my rims @ the meet stateprop

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 323
lol, im not goin....all you had to get wus 225/30/20 tires....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1349
Why not homeboy?

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 328
"Yea ima get a 180A from maniacelectricmotors.com for 456 + shipping so around 475." they tried to play you bro, same company as u stated ebay price is $451 shipped. lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HIGH-OUTPUT-180-AMP-2004-2006-Camry-ALTERNATOR-lo ok-386_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ33573QQihZ017QQi temZ270208360568QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 329
lol i dont feel like driving up there....haha

Gold Member

Post Number: 1350
Yea I seen tht b4 that's how I found them. Difference is with this company if u send them your old alt they give u money back for it and thru ebay u get like 50 back and thru the main website u get like 80 back so it comes out about equal basically

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 332
i thought ur buyin from maniacelectricmotors.com, well there both the same company, that ebay i showed u is the same lol....

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 545
i wouldnt send them your old alt. because what if that one sh*ts the bed (I know you'll prob. have a warranty) but maybe after it expires...or if you want to return the car to stock?

I kept mine, jmo though.
nice setup btw

Silver Member

Post Number: 546
also i got a 190A alt. from EA for about 350 shipped, unless your stuck on that maniaelectronic place ..could just be because of the diff. car

Gold Member

Post Number: 1351
I heard EA is a hit or miss on qaulity. And for the 600 bucks he wants for a 200A I'm not going to go with a hit or miss.

Now with maniac the few reviews I have read on them were good. And a 180a is plenty for my setup plus its a buck 50 cheaper.

I don't plan on sending my factory 1 back bcuz I have a bumper to bumper warranty on ma car and if (god forbid) anything happens I need to switch them out so I dnt void my warranty.

Silver Member

Post Number: 547
yea good idea...good luck man, im sure itll come out loud as fu<k lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us