For a friend of mine.

Bronze Member
Username: 2000celica

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 54
i've got a friend who has a 1999 honda civic coupe. he is looking for one good 12 or 15 inch sub and wants nothing but SPL. he wants it to be loud and really rock his car. all he plays is rap. he's been talking about getting power acoustik, since its affordable and their subs hold a lot of power. i think otherwise. his budget is only around 500 to maybe 750 for the amp and sub, plus the box. what would be some good options for him?

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 170
i would stay away from PA...go to www.audioque.com and look into their 1200D amp and the HD3C series woofers. That would be pretty loud and be in his price range

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1067
15" L7~$190
pg 15.0:1~$230(probably can find somthing cheaper that will do 1k @ 1ohm)
Various knu wire and accessories~$100
custom ported box ~$25 and the experience of a life time.

total=$545 and should rock the hell out of that civic.

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 171
hdc3*

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 520
you sure a 15 can fit in there? my friend could barely fit his 12" L7 in his civic coupe...the preloaded L7 that is...had to take out his spare tire

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1071
not sure about the 99 but in my friends 06 coupe i just installed 2 12's for him and It takes up pretty much his whole trunk but it fit in easily. Btw its retaredly loud, thoes cars have so much cabin gain.

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 522
yea kid i was talkin about had a 98 ex coupe.....id love to hear that system u speak of mark, i saw the install..looks nasty loud..get a video?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1074
yea ill try to get a video once he breaks the subs in more. should be by the end of next week or so I am actually truly regretting selling thoes subs but hopefully once i get my new box and alt i will be able to out bump him.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids like my rhyme...

Post Number: 3934
My Treo SSX 15.22 and my Hifonics BX1500D. I'll hook you up for 475 shipped. I could throw in my box too, but it's pretty big and would cost a ton to ship.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6769
"i've got a friend who has a 1999 honda civic coupe. he is looking for one good 12 or 15 inch sub and wants nothing but SPL. he wants it to be loud and really rock his car. all he plays is rap"

If he wants pure SPL tell him to forget about playing music through his system.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1673
While guess is he doesnt have a HO alt and wants to be loud.

Bronze Member
Username: 2000celica

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 57
no he doesn't have a HO alt yet but i've been talking to him about my plans for my car so i'll make sure he gets one. as far as the 15, im not sure if it would fit or not. his trunk looks large but he hasnt done any measuring yet. could probably do an angled box to fit up toward the actual trunk which being at an angle would increase the area for a 15 and then the back side would still be facing towards the cabin. i'll pass the info along to him. i'm just trying to get him away from PA stuff. i'm just trying to get him to realize you can get nice stuff for a better price and not just pay for the name of certain brands.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us