New Plans For A Sunny Day

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 812
So my first box build was pretty much a failure. Not only is the port too freakin big, the whole thing itself is just too big for my trunk!

So now im going to be building something new and correctly this time (as in the port length and tuning). Instead of building one enclosure, i'll be building two. This way it won't be a hassle moving it in and out of my trunk. So far, this is what ive come up with. Let me know what you guys think!

Upload

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 813
***PLEASE NOTE***

PICTURE ABOVE WAS NOT MADE TO SCALE!!!

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids like my rhyme...

Post Number: 3924
I think you would conserve space buy building a single box instead of two. I also think that you need to make sure those boxes are secured to the floor otherwise they have a good chance of sliding around. Lastly, I think that you should have the subs rearfiring instead of facing in. I would do subs and port back.

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 814
"I would do subs and port back."

What?

"I also think that you need to make sure those boxes are secured to the floor otherwise they have a good chance of sliding around."

In between the enclosures, there is a 10.5" piece of MDF wood connecting each enclosure so nothing will move. Also doing this because my amp has a Blue LED light on it which is pretty bright, and should light up the back of my car when I put down the arm rest.

"Lastly, I think that you should have the subs rearfiring instead of facing in."

How much of a difference would that make?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3926
I think it could make a lot of difference. Subs are faced certain ways for a reason, as are ports. The reason I think it might help is because that is normally how trunk systems are setup. Subs facing each other could cause some kind of cancellation. If you are going to do it that way I would recommend angling the subs so they aren't directly facing, but that would be more work that its worth.

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 815
ok, so then lets move the subs to the end of the enclosure (farthest away from the seats). Now they would be bumping towards the tail lights. Would that be any better?

And also, if I made my subs inverted, would i even need to use these enclosures I drew above? I could make smaller ones right?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3929
Inverted is just for looks... If you plan on inverting just build the same size enclosure minus displacement. But yeah, the subs and port should fire rear and I would use a single enclosure. Mount your amp behind the enclosure and you will still be able to see the blue LED lights.

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 816
"Mount your amp behind the enclosure and you will still be able to see the blue LED lights."

This is how I have my set up right now. The problem with this is that 2.5 Cu Ft is too large to be moving in and out of my trunk if something happens (like getting my spare tire).

Sorry if it seems like im being rude Reece. Im just tryin to do something new and would work better for me with moving things around. I wouldn't have to try a different approach on this if my tail lights were not in the way of putting in and taking out the enclosure. Right now, I have to take apart the trunk lock to get the thing out. Although it's a nice anti-theft option, it's a pain to keep doing if I need to move it, or even get to my amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3931
Nah, it's cool, just unorthodox. you might have that same problem if you have a board in the middle keeping everything stationary though. Two seperate boxes is fine, but I would definately do sub back port back.

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 824
what do you mean by "sub back port back"?

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 288
^^ both facing the same way, towards the back of the trunk.

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 826
o, ic
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us