Local Experience...

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 283
Well i was talkin to one of the guys around here (audio express "home of the one daller install") and i told then about how i want to get a treo and a kicker amp or an idmax and stuff. he asked what the max power on the amps and i told him well idk the MAX on them but the kicker can push about 900RMS or so and the guy told me never to look at the RMS because the RMS is nothing at all, and the kicker amp would never push that much at all.

"at this time i kinda figured i'd mess with the guy"

I asked him if he could explain to me like all the brands and the best and he tried to tell me that Sony and Alpine are equile and he would recomend Sony because they have such a high max power and they are rated number 1 and 2 in SPL and SQ...

He tried to convince me that Treo and IDmax are actually off brands of Pioneer and Audiobahn and those two brands aren't good to start out with so the off ones would be even worce...

So i told him i'll come back tomorrow and look at all the stuff he has to offer and def buy stuff because i need new subs for my car:-)

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

I have more bass in my..., North carolina

Post Number: 835
Go back tomorrow and ask him some questions.
What does Fs usually mean overall about the sub?
What Slew rate of an amplifier mean?
what does THD mean? What does Dampening factor mean?

then while he stares at you with a blank face....

drop kick him

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 13182
Definitely play with him some more.

First off ask him what "RMS" stands for.

That should get a laugh.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3358
"drop kick him,"
ROLF. that was unexpected.
ya, ask him about boxes and stuff too. It can be fun to let them ramble on about stuff and say nothing.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4469
im pretty sure he would stare blankly asking about the ohms law :-)

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 285
yea, i was thinking about taking in some papers and show him what an a$s he is lol...

I spesifically went to this place because they tried to sell my cousin some alpine type e or s for like 300 pluse the amp kit... LOL

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13185
Any BB or CC trip is good enough for a day's laugh. I go there alot for the computer and media sections. Then I wander over to the car audio section on my way out for the days' giggle lol.

I don't mess with the help tho. Yet.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7834
I was at the best buy around here and they actually had a guy that heard about all the brands we talk about on ecoustics....and ran a few of the brands.. it was a nice discussion

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 286
yea, there is a shop here called Arizona Sound, i think one of them might be a member here, but they know everythign about all the brands i want to know more about, other than that place, no one here knows anything

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2242
i worked at cc for 4 years ...

not all of em are dumb

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 167
ya my bros friend works at BB in my hometown and he knows his stuff. he does installs and usually isnt on the sales floor though.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13189
"i worked at cc for 4 years ...

not all of em are dumb"

Maybe not. Yet how many experienced or "smart" car audio guys are willing to work for what they pay?

You guys are worth more than minimum wage, don't you think?

The thing is that those "qualified" in car audio point ppl in the opposite direction of where they work(CC or BB). A little bit of knowledge is good for business for them. They recommend what they sell.

Bottom line? If you're knowledgeable in car audio and you work for one of those places, push what they sell to those you don't know. Your friends? Tell them what's up lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us