Wire Question

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 806
So ive been thinkin of making a new box since the one I have now is pretty beat. With what I would like to do, I would have to move my amp over more to the right of my trunk, but the problem is, is that I do not have enough wire to make it go that much farther over. Im sure there is no PVP Butt connector for 0 gauge wire, so what would be my best option on adding more wire to what I already have?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6014
I've been able to find those butt connectors for up to 2 gauge....... 0 gauge ones probably exist but IDK where. You may be able to stuff the wire into a 2 gauge one.

Pep Boys auto is where I got the 2 gauge ones....... Autozone and Advance don't have them, nor could I find them online.

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 807
well, I was actually thinking about taking two 0 gauge terminal connectors that you use for batteries, and connect the wire together that way, and then wrap the metal in electrical tape. What do you think MS?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6031
Absolutely not unless you solder them....... you can't make a connection with just electrical tape.

You're from NY so you should have a pep boys somewhere around you....... the butt connector is really the best bet.

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA United States

Post Number: 110
M.S
i think he was going to use ring terminals and put a bolt through holding them together and then wrap tabe around it.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 902
not smart that much power is not safe to run throught a bolt with electrical tape. do it right or don't do it at all.

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 809
"i think he was going to use ring terminals and put a bolt through holding them together and then wrap tabe around it."

Thats what I was thinking about!

And Keith is right, I guess I'll just solder them together if I can't find a PVP big enough for my wire.

If I do find some, i'll let you guys know!

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6044
Like I said pep boys has them. IDK of anywhere else

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 825
checked Pep Boys, Autozone, and Advanced and all their PVP's go up to 12-10, nothing bigger.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us