HDC3 hittin low???

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 872
Whats the fs on an HCD3 15" after break in? I read on ca.com and someone said they it drops to around 28-30hz. Hows the sq on them after they are broke in? I've heard some people on here say the sq is so-so, but they don't hit the lows well. So if someone could just set me straight on this that would be great.

Also I heard someone mention options for them in the spring?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5898
Not sure on the HDC's, but my 3515's are getting louder and lower w/ time :-)

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 874
Ya, I kinda feel the same way about my D6. It seems to hold up on the lows a little stronger than when I first got it.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2975
Here is a couple of vids of them getting low.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288854&highlight=proof

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7801
yeah the hdc 15 has like a 37 hz fs so It should sound fine and the hdc 12 has like a 42 hz fs but the 12 does ok on the lows tuned at 35 hz just not tight enough for my tastes compared to other subs...my bro has the hdc12 ....which hes soon selling only because he's on Rd audio's team now

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 879
I Wish he had the 15" lol. How would the older HD3 compare to the new ones, as far as the lows and sq? I might even consider an older one if one pops up someone for sale cheap.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7841
I havent heard the older ones but if I had to guess id say they will perform better but id ask people who owned them how they were If I were you...my bro already has the hdc312 12's sold to his tenant...they hit 149.1 db on my meter in a 1983 sciroco burp box style and that was just the beginning of testing for that car...we tested with one hdc312 and it hit exactly 6 db less which is unusual even though statisticly they claim doubling your cone and power will give you that...it usually doesnt happen

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 890
Interesting. Thanks man.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us