HU NG

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3348
My Kenwood X590 died today. Sems to be a common problem. Gonna try to have Kenwood fix/replace being its got a 2 year warranty.

http://www.fixya.com/support/t274951-display_out_but_everything

A resister in the LCD blew. It still works, but I cant see anything, like setting, volume ect.

Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6729
Good luck getting them to fix it now that you've ripped it apart. Most places consider warranty voided once you've taken it apart.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 13109
Good luck Marc.

At first I didn't want to check the thread cause of its' name.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4086
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kenwood-KDC-X590-Flip-Down-Detachable-Face-CD-Pla yer_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43947QQihZ018QQitemZ280134882935QQrdZ1QQsspagenam eZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1697
ya some places check for finger prints on the inside now

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6000
Well thats kenwood for ya.........

Oh well, hope ya get it fixed. Could be worse, it could have been a pioneer..... those usually fail after they're out of warranty.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 17759
damn that sux marc. best of luck to you bud.

"Oh well, hope ya get it fixed. Could be worse, it could have been a pioneer..... those usually fail after they're out of warranty."

lol i never hold on to mine long enough to find out M.S. hahaha.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7773
I have the x591 and havent had any problems ..but I hate the way the faceplate goes on

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3349
I hope yours doesnt crap out sean. Does yours have the Phat Noise media manager with voice indexing?
The 2 reasons I choose Kenwood
USB
Voice indexing.

I contacted kenwood.

" I encontered a problem with the display of my kdc-x590. While doing a search i came across many other people with the same problem.

http://www.fixya.com/support/t274951-display_out_but_everything

http://community.crutchfield.com/forums/thread/19442.aspx

This was a Christmas gift from my wife, and the Ebay store she purchased it from (greatdeals4uonline) is not an authorized kenwood dealer. I had not known this until I had this problem and emailed them regarding it. I have yet to get a reply.

I have always used Kenwood products (x811D car amp) 6x9 speakers, and the headunit. I thought the excelon line was very reliaable and am very dissapointed in this flaw. If I was the only one with this problem, I would not contact you about it, but being as there is a lot of other people having the same issue, I would hope you would send my out a replacement faceplate.
Thank you,"
Marc

So you think they care?
Btw, they sell the new faceplate for $110
and that one Polo linked is 100 shipped.
If i have to get a new one, I will think twice about Kenwood.

Bronze Member
Username: Amish

Riverside, CA

Post Number: 22
Why would they care? You bought from a shop that is not authorized. Most online sites aren't. Few are. This is common knowledge.

This is not Kenwoods fault though. If you want a full factory warranty you have to buy from a proper dealer.

Not trying to my an as s just pointing out that you should not hate Kenwood for something that is your wife's fault.

Good luck anyway.

Bronze Member

Riverside, CA

Post Number: 23
Oh and most decks have a smal seal place on them. Once the seal is broken the earranty is voided. You can't open the head unit without breaking the seal unless you use a heat gun or something of that nature.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7797
really what Marcs saying is the reliabity of kenwoods unit is in question with so many having this issue with the faceplate and based on that hes hoping they will take care of it hoping to save a future authorized purchase of kenwood products

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3351
Thanks chuck for your point of view. But I believe its a manufacures defect, regardless of where it was purchased.
If you bought a used ford from a private dealer and the moter fall out, and all of those ford models have that problem, wouldnt you want ford to fix it?

And I took apart the the faceplate, no stickers and such on that. And if kenwood would sell parts to the public, I would fix it myself. But Kenwood does not sell repair parts. Only authorized repair centers can get them, and they cant sell either.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7798
Marc..im not sure if my version has the phatnoise media manager or voice indexing but i have software with but have yet to look at it or use it but it does have a 2.0 usb port....what i like is i could use a usb hard drive on it if i want

Bronze Member

Riverside, CA

Post Number: 26
Marc,

I understand what you are saying. I'm not sure you can really compare this to what happens if your engine falls out. I mean with vehicle manufacturers if something major is wrong they issue a recall.

At the same time though I do understand how you feel and I bet I'd feel the same. I just wouldn't expect much from Kenwood. Sometimes though a company will shock me and do what I never thought they would; in your case I hope Kenwood does just that.

Bronze Member

Riverside, CA

Post Number: 27
As a Kenwwod owner myself (home and car audio) I must admit that I will be looking towards a different brand next time I upgrade. Though my Kenwood gear in my home has been going strong for 10 years now and working just as good as the day I bought the stuff; I find that my Kenwood HU is overly complicated to use. Just to get into some options I have to press multiple buttons several times...the manual was very UN-helpful and in all fairness I expected more quality. Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X889

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3363
update. place I bought it from is gonna cover it. Either repair or replace. $25 for shipping to and fro. thats all.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7856
thats good glad you could get it fixed cheap
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us