Help needed on sq upgrades for standard cab pickup

Username: Marcusly

Post Number: 2
ive been a car audio enthusiast for a few years now, but after reading some info posted at these sq forums ive realized i have a lot of learning to do. Anyways, i have a 97 std cab sonoma which had a horrible stock stero when i puchased it 4 yrs ago. I immediately upgraded to a Panasonic deck, i forget which model but i chose it bc it was the best model i could afford that offered 3 sets of preamp outs(4.5V) for later mods. At that same time I upgraded the factory door speakers to Kappa 60.2cs comps with the tweets mounted on the sail panels. Unfortunately I recently made some purchases without doing any professional sq research. I bought an Infinity Referece 5761a 6-channel 600W amp and a set of 4x6 polk/momo dash speakers which have a built in x/o with a separate (soft-dome) tweet. I set it up so the first 2 channels power the dash, the second 2 the comps, and the third set bridged to an old pos 10" sub (got it for free). I forget the power specs on it but im sure its plenty bc i have all the gain set about 25%. Id first like to know what anyone suggests for a 10" sub, or possible two 8s going in a sealed truck box behind the passenger seat(not much mounting depth). Also interested how i would go about an all avtice x/o setup. Oh I belive the bridged channel puts out around 280RMS. Im also wondering if anyones tried polyfil inside the doors, and any other opinions on my current setup. Like i said, im no expert so any help and/or criticism(constructive preferrably) would be greatly appreciated! tks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us