SQ subs

Bronze Member
Username: 2000celica

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 19
i've got a question after looking at that nice box design posted on here. i'm looking for SQ but still want the subs to get loud. would i want to get 2 SQ subs and put them in a ported box? and if that's the route i went, are ported boxes still ok for rock music? if so, what type of ported box would i want to make?

Bronze Member

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 20
i am really impressed with the Fi Q 12 inch subs. what do you guys think about these?

Bronze Member

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 21
i just visited the Fi site and they gave an option for "BP Power". what is that? it was an extra 40 bucks.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5794
improves power handling. the q is a very nice sq sub that has nice output. but you'll get more help if you post a budget, amp you have (if you already have one), willing to upgrade charging system, space limitations, etc.

Bronze Member

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 24
ok, i found a Fi Q on their site for 259 shipped. i couldnt seem to find them anywhere else on the web. I want to get a 1000 RMS amp to push this sub. I am only planning on getting one sub. i am going to get a new alt. for my car, probaly a 170 amp. i've got a grand to spend on sub(s), amp and box (building my own). i'm going to go with a sealed box. sub can be sealed from .8 to 1.5 cuft. how will the difference in volume effect the sound of the sub? if only doing one sub would 1.5 cuft be best?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5795
the fi website is the only place to buy them new, if you don't mind used look around forums, especially caraudio.com. as far as sealed box size goes, i want to say scott (owner of fi) had told me before 1cuft. after displacements would work best overall. for an amp, there's lots out there that'll do the power you'll want. you just need to specify the vc of the q you're getting (either dual 1 or 2) and budget for amp. personally, i'd go with the dual 2ohm version and a sundown sae1000d. you can pick that amp bnib from dealer for $300 shipped.

Bronze Member

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 27
thanx for the info ctmike. i am wanting to get the dual 2 ohm sub. however on the site i had the option of selecting "BP Power" for an extra $40. what does BP power stand for? do i need this? budget for amp will be around 400 max.

Bronze Member

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 28
after i figure out the amp to get i will need some help on designing the right box for the Fi Q 12 and for a hatchback.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5796
bp power i believe increases the power handling 200-400wrms. you can check the fi forum though to double check over at www.soundsolutionsaudio.com. as for amp, look into that sundown. great amp at a reasonable price that'll do slightly more than rated power, transferrable 2 year warranty, and great customer service. go to www.kluvkustoms.com to order one (if going that route).

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5797
forgot, but for the box you can go over to caraudio.com and pm either mr cabinetry (phil, he runs woodlawncabinetry) or bjfish (bj, runs fishercustoms). can personally vouch for the quality of thier boxes (have bought from both), and are very reasonably priced for quality boxes. pm them all the info (box size, what vehicle it'll go in, etc.) and they'll get back to you with quotes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us