Alpine R or X subs, or Kicker l7, help?

Username: Dupe112309

Post Number: 2
hey guys new to this so dont go too hard. so just got a 2000 mustang will all stock so sq isn't good at all. about to buy all alpine stuff. cda 9884 for the head unit along with a 100w rms component system for fronts and 100w rms coaxials for rear. lookin to power these with either a pdx 4.100(100 wx4 rms) or mrp f550 (90w rms)....all these are alpine. what amp do you suggest and what to run it at? Once these come in and i make some more money im lookin for subs either 1 or 2 for the trunk. really interested in either kicker l7s (square got my attention) or alpine-type r or type x. probably looking to get 2 10" or 1 15". What sub(s) would you suggest? Along with what amp would you suggest powering these subs? Thanks alot guys, im young so this car audio stuff is new. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5981
Kicker square subs are crap....... stay away from those.

Alpine is good stuff..... Type X is the best sub out of the 3 you listed

Post Number: 3
alright so i'll probably get the type x's since those are the new thing. would you reccomend just getting 1 12" type x and then i'd probably hook it up to an alpine pdx 1.1000 amp since they both put out 1000w rms. Do you think 2 12" (2000 watts) would be too much for my mustang?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8186
Pretty different subs you have listed.

The Type-X is geared more toward sq.
The L7 is geared more toward spl.
The Type-R can be considered more sql than anything.

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1662
i would do 2 12 inch type r's

Post Number: 4
so if i have all alpine type r speakers you would say get 2 12" type r's? i'm looking for them to hit hard but also sound good so it sounds like the type r is the way to go? I heard the type x's in store and it sounded pretty powerful. anyways could i run 2 12" type r's off an alpine pdx 1.1000? i think the rms of both would match up. I think i would also put it in a sealed box as i heard the type r's sound the best in a sealed box. Thanks everyone.

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 247
2 12" type R's run it off a kicker zx1000.1 ull be good

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 244
just curious, why all alpine? there are better brands out there

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1047
I had type-rs and type-xs in my mustang. It's been 2 years or so since I had it, but I liked the type-x more than the type-r, and would be my choice. One pdx1k would only power one type-x properly though, and 2000w would need some fair electrical system work. Unless you want to worry about those upgrades I'd either go with 1 type-x or 2 type-rs.

Should be a pretty nice setup no matter what you go with, but I was wondering the same thing as no limit soldier.

Post Number: 5
well as i was browsing in my price range it seemed as alpine was the best. i haven't bought anything yet, so what other brands do you suggest i test out, lookin for components in the front, and i planned on having 2-ways in the rear? alright thanks again

Gold Member

Post Number: 1049
What is your price range for each?
Are you looking for sound quality, or do are you worried about it getting real loud?

Post Number: 6
well seeing as how my dad is the principal at our school, he doesn't want it too be too loud, so i'm kind of in the middle. I'm looking for sq, while still being able to be heard when i'm drivin along. so you could say i want a little bit of both

Gold Member

Post Number: 1054
What happened to teenage angst? Trying to make the parents angry? lol. j/k

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 245
what is the price range you want to stay in? for everything

Post Number: 7
right now i've got a little under 700-lookin for a new deck, component system for the fronts, and was looking at 2 ways for the rear, and an amp for the speakers. Then once i work more lookin for somewhere around 700 for sub(s) and amp. Doesn't have to be exactly that range but somewhere close. What do you suggest i go to test out?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us