Hey M.S.

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 995
does MCR make a good alternator? they quoted me @ 299 + shipping for a 200 amp alt? how do they compare to ohio, ea, mean green, db, ect?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5977
IDK nothin about mean green in fact I haven't ever seen anyone running one of those.

MCR, DB, and ohio are all very good. Ohio is expensive, only go with them if you have to.

If DB has an alt for your car get it, they have the lowest prices...... if not get that one from MCR.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 996
alright sounds good thanks a lot man. I think db already said they couldnt do anything for me but i sent them another email anyways. also that 299 price is including shipping i talked them into shipping it for free lol.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1013
Anyone have any experience with MCR alternators? they claim they havea lifetime warranty but how good is their customer service?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5989
I don't have one but I know people who have bought them. They were very happy with them.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6720
"I don't have one but I know people who have bought them. They were very happy with them."

Don't start lying M.S.. We all know that you don't know anybody

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5998
oh sh!t...... busted :-)

Mark that MCR alternator should work well for you and thats not a bad price either.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1035
alright so do you think 200 amp will be enough even tho my sub amp alone has a fuse rating or 160 amp and my other amp has a fuse rating of 90 amps?

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 777
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/off-topic/432870.html

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1036
yea ive seen that before but most everyone thats heard of MCR on ca.com dislikes them. and i am still questioning the ability of a 200 amp alt to run my entire system and other car electronics.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6002
CAN you get one bigger than 200 amps? In many cases no, so you just have to deal with it.

And theres so many retarded people on ca.com..... link me to that thread

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1038
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289995

also do a search for mcr on ca.com and a few threads will pop up and most of the people in all of thoes threads say that mcr sux.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6006
Well like I said...... those are not the people to be listening to about electrical stuff.

I have personally dealt with MCR, not for an alternator for a battery isolator, and their service is very good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us