Mono Block Amps

Username: 2000celica

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 9
ive got a question... I sometimes see on a mono block amp, meaning one channel i have always thought, there are two hookups for 2 subs like a 2 channel would have( - + - + )why is that. if it's a mono block amp shouldnt it have one hookup for subs? i'm new with dealing with mono block amps, i've always owned 2 channels and bridged them to one channel. help please :D

Silver Member
Username: Tycoonbob

Post Number: 106
I have never heard of a mono with a 2 channel hook up.

so it has a place for 2 + speaker wires and 2 = speaker wires?

if you see one again, please find it online and post a link or something. thats kinda interesting

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5950
The majority of subwoofer amps are like that.

It's so that you can wire 2 subs in parallel to the amp easily. Those terminals are connected inside the amp, the + are connected together, so are the -

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin IF IT DOESNT...

Post Number: 1316
Yea, you can either choose to wire each sub up separatly and input them into their own terminals, which the amp would then bridge internaly in parallel(two D4vc's with a 2ohm load to each set of terminals, would equal a 1ohm load.

or

You can wire the subs in parallel and just use one side of the two sets of terminals to connect it to.

either way would work fine, but i perfer hooking just two wires to the amp so i dont have to use twice the wire.

My SAZ-1500D is like that. It confused me when i first saw it but then it makes sense when you think about it. After i found it out i noticed that alot of amps that ive looked at before were like that too but i just never noticed.

Bronze Member
Username: 2000celica

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 11
interesting, thanx for the info.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin IF IT DOESNT...

Post Number: 1325
Yep.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1465
Sorry to break your trend!

http://www.audissy.com/db_amps.html

I have the 1000.2 and its a DUAL mono block amp, tis sweet for a wide range of wiring needs.

I had to ask about that with my RD amp as well as it's internally bridged....wha?...lol

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5963
Not the same thing..... what you basically have there is 2 amps in 1 case.

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1469
ahhh perhaps eh, cool none the less though, but you can still bride it @ 4 and 2ohm or run each channel at 1, 2 or 4 ohm.

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1470
*Bridge....

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 854
M.S., Would a mono amp w/2 outputs be the about the same efficiency as say a 2 ch AB amp?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5969
Read what I posted before..... the number of terminals has NOTHING to do with anything. They are connected inside the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us