RE Audio

Username: 2000celica

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 4
What do you guys think about RE Audio subs? I'm looking at a pair of the 12" SX Series. What type of subs are these, and would you say they're a good choice?

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 3147
yea, can get loud and sound good.. sql

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 448
i got a single 12" SX and im satisfied, can get very loud

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 5
Would you say RE SX 12's would be ideal for rock and rap music. for pounding drum beats and low bass lines? are there subs out there that would be a better choice or would you say these are good enough subs to settle on?

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 6
would the SX 12's be ideal for rock and rap music. i'm looking for subs that will be quick enough to keep up with drum beats yet able to hit the lows on deep bass lines. is there another choice of subs i may want to condsider or would these be good enough to settle on?

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 7
didn't mean to post twice, haha, the first time nothing came up so i reposted and then both were on here... oh well :D

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 3149
well, what are you trying to spend. theres definitely better out there. have you bought an amp yet? do you want to upgrade ur electrical? (battery, alt)

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 8
the amp i'm pretty positive I'm going to get is the t10001BD from rockford. i've just heard so many positive reviews about it, and i've owned rockford in the past so I believe that amp would be alright for what I'm looking for. I've got a 5 farad capacitor running off of 0 guage wire with a 200 amp fuse. I do want to upgrade my alternator to help with the current flow. with the 4 channel amp i have now and the new fosagte mono block i'd be pulling 4500 watts. as far as spending on subs, ideally i would like to spend 200-300 each on the subs. but, if there is better out there, and it is worth the extra money i would be willing to spend the extra if it really makes that much of a difference. so far, my personal choices to choose from are the Re audio sx 12s, polk SR 12s, Alpine type R 12s, JLW6, MTX 8500s, or the fosgate T1's. the only thing is though, i know little about the above mentioned subs, and i may be over looking better choices and am really stuck on what to get.

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 131
4500 watts?

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1663
I have a XXX but is meant more for corridos, huh Chad.

A pair of SX will required a new alt. Remember we are talking about 2000rms to those sub's a Cap isnt going to help. If you dont want to replace the alt try to stay under 1000rms.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin IF IT DOESNT...

Post Number: 1321
x2^^ That cap is probobly doing you more harm than good.

and eff MTX.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1900
RD Alpha will get loud and sound great off of just 1000wrms, the newer models can either take ~1000wrms or up to ~2000wrms each.

x3 on the cap

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 10
how is the cap doing more harm than good? and i believe stock amps on my alternator now is 80. i've found a new one for my car that is 170 amps. will that do?

Silver Member
Username: Mateo

Post Number: 208
x4 on the alt :-)

Bronze Member

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 16
any advice on the above subs i listed, any that are good, that are bad or any other opinions?

Bronze Member
Username: Thump510

Oakland, Ca U.s

Post Number: 66
i was wondering if any one cud walk me through hooking up an amp to a fctory hu in a1997 buick lesabre?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us