Any Taurus Owners?

Username: X_sooner_x_z

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, I'm new to the site. Love the place, lots of good info from what little I've looked around.

Anyway, just curious as to if any of you own a Ford Taurus with a system or have heard one with a system. I'd like to know how the car sounds with a sub or two in the back. Loud? Not so much? Let me know.

Thanks,

sooner

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 3143
what year

Post Number: 2

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2135
I have a 2000 Sable...same thing.

Anyways, it is alright for sound. This is my first and only car, so I have nothing to compare. However, it is fine from my experience. However, with the Sable anyways, it is a huge pain to get a decent size box in there. The trunk is big, but the opening in the seats as well as trunk as poor.

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 3145
sry i have 94. if ur seats fold down then it has potential to get loud... mine dont

Gold Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 1166
i got one...however, dont have a system in that car

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 979
^^^same

Post Number: 3
Yeah both of the seats fold down. Hopefully I'll be in luck. thanks

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 3148
also, the opening to my trunk is very small but the trunk itself is large. if u can build the box and have seats down it will get loud for sure. what subs are you lookin at

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7738
I have a 95 taurus gl and have yet to install my system in it but I will get mine loud ...im going to be running a single resonant engineering re entry level 12 on a phoenix gold xenon 400.1 with the gains set conservatively...I have seen others using subs in those type of cars on the net getting very loud so I dont think ill have much problem plus ive had expereince with cars laid out like mine and making it hit daily down low shouldnt be hard which is what im going to try to do believe it or not being able to lower your back seats probably wont help much (my seats dont fold down anyway)...it didnt for me in a similar car maybe leaving the rear speakers out will help but I have yet to see how much

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1045
Some of them are a real pain to change the h/u, because the actual unit is in the trunk, and you have to run a fat wad of cables all the way the the back to get an aftermarket to work. The cable is like $90+ at ccity. That's just my experience with the 4-5 I've worked on.

Post Number: 4
Looking at putting either two 12" Fi BL's or two 12" DC Lvl 4 subs, either way it'll be a 4-4.5 cube box tuned to 32hz. As far as amps, they'll be ran with two ED NINe.1 amps.

About the head unit,
is it that difficult to install? I've seen the "ovals" that replace the stock piece, however the 02's dont have the oval...more like a rectangle, anyway, do they look that good in person?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2943
^^you're the guy I talked to on youtube?

Post Number: 5
Haha, for sure man. Thanks for hookin me up with the site

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2140
Unless you plan on building the box inside the trunk, good luck getting 4-4.5 cubes in there.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1048
Sooner, I don't know how the square is then, I 'm thinking the oval. If your unit is in there great, but with the ones I worked on it was just a pain to run those wires for a h/u. If you're doing your power/rca wires anyway you wouldn't have much extra work running everything I guess(if it's setup to where you have to, but $90+ is a lot imo).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us