Box building and install tips

Bronze Member
Username: Livingloudl7

Post Number: 90
Ok well since selling an 18" subwoofer is not going to work out because no one wants to pay for shipping on it.. I'm going to rebuild a box for it and try a whole new install in my Jeep Grand Cherokee.

I have a Fi 18" Bl and a kicker zx1500.1

My box is going to be about 5-6 cuft so does anyone have any tips on building, just some small yet helpful things? Like how should I brace it? or how can I fill it with polyfill?

Also maybe some tips with wiring, how to keep out engine noise and all that. I'm going to put money and effort into this one so I want to do it right.. I'll take pictures and stuff. Any advice would be soooo helpful thanks!!

Gold Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 1163
make sure you have good clean tight grounds. and good rca's and you should be fine for the engine noise

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 443
i asked a lil while ago about adding polyfill in a ported enclosure, and was told to but it in sheet form and maybe staple it? so it doesnt blow out port, if you wanted to go that route

Bronze Member
Username: Livingloudl7

Post Number: 91
anyone have any experience with sound dampening a jeep?

Silver Member
Username: Wylie_coyote

Post Number: 165
dude, check the articles on this site www.termpro.com its got some good advice on what to do and how to do it.

the best thing you can do is read stuff like this because it will better your understanding and the guy who wrote it explains it in detail
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us