Rd audio elite 15

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

RD 1000.1D with SI MAG...

Post Number: 17523
they have it. i don't know if they had it for awhile but when i checked couple of weeks ago they didn't.

you know what my next sub is going to be in a couple of weeks. lol.

http://www.low-hz.com/commerce/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_25&products_id= 50

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

They Love 2 Hate Me, Most Hated a... USA

Post Number: 1252
ewwwww i want to hear a review of them might b\pick up a couple 12" with income taxes

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17525
yea income tax returns ftw. lol. lucky azz.

anyways, i think kevin needs to update his website cause piture of the elite in rd audio website is different from the pic in kevin's site. also on rd audio site, they don't have a 15 for the elite.

Silver Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 335
the new ones look bada55

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17527
yea the new ones reminds me of my soundsplinter rl-s. lol.

also the new ones come with 3 inch voice coils. the older ones had 2.5 inch voice coils.

steve miller or kevin holden where are you guys. shed some light on this subject. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1259
Man I'm having second thoughts about those dd 2512!! Damnit I knew it was going 2 happen after I bought my box from phil I want something that is going 2 pound and sound sexii!!! And I think theses dd's have sub par low end and sub par SQ from reviews I have read and these elites sound like jus what I'm lookin for. 260 for 12" is rather high tho I kno kevin will cut me a deal.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1260
Well there dd's I kno I can get them sold fast I think I got about 2 more weeks I'm tottally upgrading my car with system rims tint the whole sha bang I can't wait it shud be done by the meet 2 show u guys.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17530
just get both man. which ever one you don't like, just sell it. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1261
I'm not rich like u chad I can't get both I have bad credit I need 2 fix with those returns.

What do u do for a living anyway how do u have all this money and how old are u...
A/s/l hhahaha j/k. No h0m0

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8132
Chad, Steve had a thread up here a few months ago about the new Elite. It had a bunch of info on it. I thought about getting one but obviously changed my mind. Maybe do a search and see what comes up.

Dwight, I'm looking forward to your "whole sha bang". Get it all done in time bud. Or else. Jk dude.

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 218
The new elites are available very soon. They will be available in 10/12" with the 12" showing up about 30-60 days before the 10". His site has the 2007 elites.

The 2008 version will retail for 439.00 for a 12". Like Chad said they go up to a 3" coil actually a 56mm tall 3" coil. They have a copper shortning ring in the top plate and were designed for pure sound quality.

They are 1200 watts RMS on the 12" and dual 1.5 ohm voice coils making the RD1000.1 the ideal amplifier for one of them.

They will work great in small to mid size sealed and ported enclosures. You can look at them at www.rdaudio.net . The final pictures should be up within less than a week. They look the same as the pictures up now but got a nice magnet boot.

With them now being done we are going to focus on the Omega that will be a 15" that is very simular in that it is for sound quality also.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5780
any more info on the omega? box size, rms, etc? and price to (and maybe a special ecoustics only price:-)).

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8135
The new site looks nice Steve.

Silver Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 336
ive been talking to kevin bout them for a while now

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17531
awesome. then omega it is. i need a clean sounding 15.

jays, i ain't rich. i just have some extra cash laying around.

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 219
The Omega' motor is 5" tall with the mounting depth around 12". They shall be around 2500 watts RMS being able to hold that tuned in the 20 HZ range.

There have been a couple of hold ups. They original design for the basket was changed. It needed to be strengthened to hold the motor and we changed the bottom to be able to allow 60mm of rearward movement instead of the original 50mm. We also redesigned the terminals.

A few months back a decision was made to get the Studio and the Elite out first due to the economy and other factors. With both of them now complete we will focus on this project. I think the elite proved to help us a lot in refining the Omega. We are very proud of how the Elites tuned out. We used some of the same design focus on the Omega just in a larger fashion.

As of today most everything besides the suspension has already been determined. We will space the spiders on it to control the coil from rocking but we are working on different designs and concepts for the spiders to allow the type of movement we want. 50- 60 mm each way is a ton of movement and over time will wear on the suspension since we are using a 4" voice coil that will stand around 65mm tall in winding length. The spider plateau is 10" in diameter.

I believe the Omega will only be offered in a 15" or at least only in 2008. Though we are still several months away from completion it is now our main project. It will NOT be a SPL subwoofer it will get very loud but the quality of the sound and reproducing accurately at very low frequencies for long periods of time is what we are working towards. We will have a end efficiency in the 88-89 db @ 1 watt when it is all said and done.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6675
Speaking of Kevin, what happened to him? I haven't seen him on here in ages.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17532
yeah. kevin isn't even answering any of my text messeges.

steve, do you still have some of the elite 15s left? the old ones. i would like to buy one. the omega is just too much power for me. i am only looking for subs that will work well with my rd1000.1

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 220
Yes we have some of the elite 15" left. I would also consider an Alpha 15" with a single spider. It perfoms excellent with 1000-1500 watts rms. The SQ and low bass extention is dead on. We have the single spider version for the guys more interested in SQ and the dual Spider versions for guys who want to drive them very hard all day with 2,000 watts. They still sound great but the single spider sounds better.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17534
awesome. hopefully you have some left by next weekend. i will decide on which sub i want. the alpha sounds good also.

when i am ready to buy, can i call the # on your site or should i buy through kevin holden? where is he anyways?

btw steve, this rd1000.1 packs a punch for such a little amp. its awesome. out performs the jl 1000/1 i had.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids like my rhyme...

Post Number: 3784
make the new elite in a 15... i command you

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 221
You can call Kevin if you cant reach him call the office number on the site.

He has been all over ill tell him to get on here. You can send me an email to revolutiondaudio@yahoo.com and i will send you back one with my cell number. Things have been crazy around here so that way you will be able to reach me either way.

Thanks on the comments on the RD1000.1 !!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17536
email sent.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1609
I am here, just been busy lately. Damn work lol, and always having issues. Send me another text Chad, I might have been in the cooler or freezer when sent and didn't go through.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1846
busy playing COD4, loser....lol j/k man

Steve, I think I'll be picking up a 15" Alpha v2 soon, single spider most likely, and I still have yet to fax that d@mn form....

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 222
ok ill be looking for your fax some day...

LOL

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12868
"jays, i ain't rich. i just have some extra cash laying around."

Ummm. That's rich enough for me.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1851
you should have it this weekend Steve, :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us