Help for nfl prospect

Bronze Member
Username: Criminole

Tallahassee/atlanta

Post Number: 30
Whats up fellas, I need a little help. Me and my friend are about to enter the 2008 nfl draft, and he asked me to help him set up a sound system for his 2007 tahoe. he does not want to spend more than 2000, or 2500 at the most. he wants something that is very loud, but maintains some sonic quality. I guess he is looking for sql. he wants 2-4 subs, loves deep bass, and needs some highs, as well. he already has an eclipse navigation h/u, and will only need a new charging system if necessary. I really appreciate everyones help. by the way, he wants something very comparable to w7s, but doesn't want to pay ~1000 per sub.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5239
whose your friend???
2 btls and an orion 2500d

Gold Member

Post Number: 5240
make that 2 2500ds

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 797
stereo integrity mag's
sound splinter rl-p's
resonant engineering sx's

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2102
How about two SoundSplinter RL-s

Bronze Member

Tallahassee/atlanta

Post Number: 32
I'll ask him if he wants me to post his name, but both of us just had a really good senior bowl week that made our draft stock rise. Im going to get some rims, and he wants a pretty killer system. do the 2500d's do 2500wrms??

Gold Member

Post Number: 5244
yup @ 1 ohm...hes gunna have to upgrade his electrical system..prolly have to get a 300a alternator and 3 kinetik hc2400s. maybe some new highs and mids and an amp for them as well.

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2105
You very well may have to spend more than $2500 if you really want to get into this. A new alt and batteries alone will cost a ton. Powerful amps and subs are not cheap, nor are quality component speakers. Just keep that in mind.

Bronze Member

Tallahassee/atlanta

Post Number: 33
all that for under 2000 bucks?? where could I get the amps from, and all the other stuff. He could get the btls from the fi website, right??

Gold Member

Post Number: 5249
orions will have to be off ebay or a car audio forum...i think you can get the subs and amps for under 1500....the alt will be around 300-400 and and depending where you get the batts prolly around 500-700

Bronze Member

Tallahassee/atlanta

Post Number: 35
do those btls get pretty loud, have never heard one, only thing that I have heard that is really loud are mmats juggernauts, or l7s. just trying to make a comparison. thanks for the input by the way

Gold Member

Post Number: 5252
yes they have tremendous output...and in the right box....damn...

Bronze Member

Tallahassee/atlanta

Post Number: 36
last question, how about 2 kicker zx 2500.1, one on each sub, will that do it justice, and will the subs be able to handle that? also what options on the website should I choose for the subs. i guess that was about three questions. . . .

Gold Member

Post Number: 5254
thats also an excellent amplifier.
but i beleive they cost more then the orion.

Bronze Member

Tallahassee/atlanta

Post Number: 37
alright, thank you so much. ill find out about components at a later time. in about two months, ima let you build my system for me. price is no issue, so have fun with it! i gotta a 2007 yukon right now, hopefully my 26's will be on it by the end of the week.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5257
AIM : drivingreckless

just hit me up whenever.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us