WHAT COLOUR WIRE MEANS WHAT??? FORD FALCON GLI 1994 PLEASE HELP!!!

Username: Princessa

Post Number: 1
Hi ive got a Ford Falcon Gli 1994 model and i really want to install a cd player.
ive got the old one out... but there are so many wires and i dont know which ones for what.. maybe is someone could help me out there.

for eg. what colour for the left front speaker etc.

also my friend did this but im not to sure if its safe.

are you able to just cut the wires and join the new cd player wires together nd then put masking tape around it???}

if someone could please help...

thanx :-):-):-):-)

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 233
dont use masking tape, at the very least use electrical tape. There are wire harnesses for around $20 that clip into your existing wires, then it lays out what the colors mean and then it's a matter of matching colors from the harness to the new cd player. Personally i use wire nuts, you can get other wire connectors, i know some people prefer to solder the wires together.

Just think twice before you cut any wires, the ones you need to join should be stripped for you.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 863
never use masking tape and tell your friend he's a idiot. if u do that u can start a fire or cause major damage to your car or you. go here find your car http://www.installdr.com/QuickWiring.html

after that then match the new radios wires up to the old car harness. u have to strip and mend each wire to another then wrap them in electrical tape or solder and heat shrink it. but never use masking tape. also follow chris's advice on connecting the wires but never leave them bare or work on the car while it's on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us