Ported Box for 2 EHQS 12's?

Username: Schmuck

Post Number: 4
What would be a good size ported box for 2 ED EHQS 12's on a diamond D3 400.1? it is going in a Scion TC

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5763
if i remember correctly when i talked to ed about the same thing, they recommended 5cuft. after displacements.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1770
Yeah, try and give each sub at least 2.5 cubic feet.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5765
doing a quick search on ca.com i saw other users say 6cuft. for a pair seems to work nicely.

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1772
Yeah, mine is in ~2 cubic feet in my room, sealed, and it sounds like it wants a bigger box. I had it in 4 cubes in my car, and that was a bit big.

Post Number: 5
how would 2.25 after displacements do?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5769
for the pair? i'd go bigger, not a small box sub.

Post Number: 6
no 2.25 per sub 4.5 net for the pair.

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1773
X10000000

They like space. If you can't swing the space, a little poly fill might help. Just keep it away from the port.

Post Number: 7
Has anyone had any good experiences with a pair of these subs in a 4 cube ported box?

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1805
I had one of them in 4 cubes. It owned the lows. Got my rearview shaking more than the MAWs do, and they are exponentially louder. Wasn't very tight sounding, but this sealed box has corrected that. If I was you, I'd get Pete Kulicki to design you a box for one of them. Put the other in your room or something. I'm considering doing this, just to illustrate the effects of a well-designed box. Someone on here had one do 131dB on 75W, just for reference. Give it 200W and a good enclosure, and you'll be surprised.

What else have you heard/owned?

Post Number: 8
I run 2 AQ HD3 15's this is my girlfriends setup. The subs that I am thinking about replacing with these are a pair of RF P2 12's

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1808
Ah. Hmm. A little polyfill might get you enough "space". A pair of MAW 12s could fit. I dunno. It's up to you. Just make sure it's an upgrade.
http://www.mach5audio.com/product_info.php?cPath=48&products_id=41&osCsid=a46a9a 2e6c54d15d937171c76d02db5d
Those will more than satisfy her. Girls have told me to turn mine down because it hurts their ears.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us