Safety?

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 209
Anyone here know how much tinting saves your systems? i just got my car limo tinted wrapped 4% b4 i get my system, even though it will be hidden with out the tint, the tint will also help keep my car cooler during summer...

so the question is do you think the tint is worth getting when you have systems?

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

I Got More Watts Then ..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 2423
just worth getting all around...
make jaccers think twice before runnin up..
dnt kkno who n there..can b strapped harder den a seatbelt..feel me

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 688
yea, it depends on the laws in your area, in nebraska they dont make you fix the tint if its too dark but they give you a ticker but in some areas they give you fix it tickets which end up being an expensive and time consuming thing. I think it is well worth the money if you have an SUV so your system doesnt catch peoples eye.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1396
lol....

yes it can help, but if you think about it in a reverse way... it could mean hey that guy has like 5% film on his windows.... he is probably hiding something.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin IF IT DOESNT...

Post Number: 1253
I wish i could get mine tinted darker. Theres a stock tint, its very light. To get it tinted they would have to take the old sh!t off first. It was gunna cost a fortune, so i wont be doing it.

Silver Member
Username: Vc23

Fi , 2 12 Fi Bls U.s.a

Post Number: 262
tinting then putting stickers that say AA and Fi right on the side completely defeats the purpose of the whole "tint so your sh1t dont get stolen" thing..... but tint is just pimp anyhow

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1396
"tinting then putting stickers that say AA and Fi right on the side completely defeats the purpose of the whole "tint so your sh1t dont get stolen" thing"

Yes, because the average thief will be like "Hey, he has Fi subs! Maybe he has a fully loaded BTL!"

lol:p

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 210
"just worth getting all around...
make jaccers think twice before runnin up..
dnt kkno who n there..can b strapped harder den a seatbelt..feel me"

I have NO clue wtf that means

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 153
it could help in a way, because it prevents them from seein whats inside your car. tint also makes the car look better. i would also get one of the BLue LED scanners, so it looks like your car is equipped with security even though it nots, to keep them crooks away. i have one of these in my car and all i have is keyless entry lol.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLUE-LED-SCANNER-FLASHING-SECURITY-ALARM-SYSTEM-L IGHT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33721QQihZ019QQitemZ290201504306QQrdZ1QQsspagena meZWDVW

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3996
It also gets you pulled over more... Polo.

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 155
^x2 haha, it all depends on the cops mood...those fukers

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5803
" Theres a stock tint, its very light. To get it tinted they would have to take the old sh!t off first. It was gunna cost a fortune, so i wont be doing it. "

I know how it is......... my blazer has the same thing. Except its somewhat dark, it's on all the windows from the rear doors back.

Problem is, it's a reflective type of tint, not the black looking kind that the flim gives you. From what I've heard, GM dips the glass in some sort of crap to give it the reflective tint. When I bought the truck it came with the front door windows tinted to match the rest, but they look different since they're regular film tint.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 211
i just got mine done 4% and they had to remove the film and it only cost me 200, shop around there are alot of tint places everywhere so the pricing is very competitive

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1814
I just do it myself. Really isnt hard after you do it a few times. Might take 3 rolls on your front windows to figure it out but once you do, stay 30-50 bucks under local shops prices and you can make good money doing it for friends...

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 307
$200!!! WHAAAT??? thats expensive as SH!T

i got my whole car tinted 5% in the back and 20% up front. $120

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 216
supply and demand bro lol, im in AZ EVERYONE wants tint, when i worked at a dealership it was $450

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1306
Yeah, my buddy worked at Camelback VW/Subaru and it cost him like $300. It was good tint with warranty though.

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 234
Yeah even $125 for tint around here is way cheap. BTW it's illegal for any shop to put on tint darker than 35%. If a cop feels like being a d!ck he can give you a ticket and fine the shop that did it for you. I can't get anyone around here to do it.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1823
^in your state:-) I think the tint can't be darker than 20% or maybe it's 30% on the front windows, but from the front back can be limo:-)

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 223
in AZ they can't give the shop a ticket, but they give a dirver.

AZ is the same 35% and as dark as you want in the back.

IDKY they don't allow us to have darker tint up front, AZ has the driest heat in the whole US

most ppl don't care though, anyone that wants it gets limo all the way around no shops say no, accept for dealerships

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 224
*hottest dry heat*

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1401
I really enjoy my tint. It keeps me a sense of more security - even tho I have stickerered logos of Fi and Ascendant Audio on it. Mind you I have an alarm and park strategically to avoid theives.

I think the ultimate anti-theft device is where you park. Its simple - put urself into the mind of a criminal and ask yourself "would i spend the time to jack stuff out of a ride @ this location?/time?"

Just be smart about it.

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1315
The Sun kills. Direct sunlight in the summer will zap you of your energy man. Air conditioning or not.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 226
um... what does the sun have to do with anything? lol just curious?

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 182
^^^the hole point of tint bro. Sun makes the heat....lmao....

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 227
lol, i ment for the tint to hide what your packing inside the car lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us