OT- saltwater aquarium

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

They Love 2 Hate Me, Most Hated a... USA

Post Number: 1233
Well this is my new hobby if any1 can give me any good tips or sites or products it wud be appreciated sorry zac lol. Need opinions from ma peeps tho.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1234
Why do I always seem 2 pick expensive hobbys

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 147
Wtf? lol

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7671
if you lived near lancaster pa you could save some money at a place called ....."That fish place" in centerville...thats where I got all my stuff to run saltwater when I had my tank up and running

Gold Member

Post Number: 1235
Dude u gota check 1 out you'll be fascinated by it

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 148
i have an empty fish tank sittin in my attic with purple rocks in em, all ma fishes died. lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 7672
its a nice place to visit if nothing else ...they have alot of tanks set up with fresh water and saltwater fish and everything else you need to set a tank up...they even have snakes and stuff in one room...its basicly a toys r us for fish stuff haha

Gold Member

Post Number: 1236
Yea thanx sean I know about tht place I been there b4 when I was like 13 its def cool.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7674
yw...but the prices went up since then

Gold Member

Post Number: 7675
meaning the discount margin isnt the margin it used to be

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3989
Watch your temperature, watch the PH, and don't touch the salt that builds on the top, use something clean to scrape it back in. Salt water talks are very nice, very expensive and can be a real PITA. Be sure to use latex gloves when working with the salts you can contaminate it and kill your fish, same for the agae scrubber... Polo.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12788
I have a 55 gallon tank in my living room. I bought everything for my kids. 1 year later and they couldn't care less about it. All I have left are the algae eaters. Big as sh1t too. Too big to flush.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1818
EAT EM PAUL!!! haha

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12790
Seriously they're like 10" long now.

They're getting expensive to feed.

Fuggers.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13659
Nothing is to big to flush...lol

Also im getting the GF a fish tank and sh!t for valentines day :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12799
Fresh water or salt water?

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13660
Sink water

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12801
Lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Eldog

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 31
Chauncey, do you have a certain species picked out for your shorty ? Definitely go freshwater and look at some colorful African cichlids. Your shorty will like the different colors they come and they are vicious when mature. I also have a 55 gallon setup fresh with 3 pirahnas, the smallest is 4.5 inches and my biggest is closing in on 9 inches and they scrap in that tank all damn day long. I also have 2 Convicts that are small but extremely vicious.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13662
I like the colorful idea, not to much the vicious...i had not planed on getting here a huge tank just something like a 10-25gallon....How much do fish usually cost?? which ones live for a while?? what do you all recommend?

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 33
You can start off with a freshwater setup in a 25 gallon and go for some of those African cichlids Chauncey. Those fish come dark and light blue, black, orange, yellow green, pink and a few other colors and they are cute fish; your girl will like them, trust me. Six small ones in that 25 gallon would be nice. If you're buying a whole tank setup everything should be included like the thermostat, pumps and filter media, hood light and starter chemicals for the water. Those cichlids at about a inch and a half should be no more than 6 or 7 dollars a piece. Also these fish are very low maintenance like my piranhas and convicts.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1238
I'm not a noob at fresh water fish tanks at all so here's some advice

1.Don't do the african cichlids there tlkin about they require brackish water (half salt water half fresh to make it basic)

2. Don't use sink water unless u buy the solution to kill the chlorine and other stuff pure sink water = death

3. If u want something that doesn't require much attention go with betta's or guppies or other breeder fish
Like mollies etc etc

4. Don't overstock ur take with fish I think the rules is like 1 fish per 3 gallons for fresh water depending on the size the fish get

5. There are many other cichilds that require less demands then the african ones like firemouth and my favorite convict chichlids the convicts or cool they breed and get very terrotorial over there kids I got my fingers nipped a few times lol don't hurt but yea if u need any help just shoot me a PM.

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 158
get the fightin fishes. haha

Gold Member

Post Number: 1239
Yea those r betta's but tht wud be a waste of a nice 25 gallon tank. I'm getting ready to start workin on ma 75 gallon reef setup.

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 161
Lol god damn bro...75 gallon reef setup. wtf is that goin?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1240
1200 just for parts and the tank, stand etc etc. Ima do it piece by piece I jus sold my 55 gallon fresh water tank first things first gota get my system b4 I start on this ya dig lol

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 35
Dwight. First off, you NEVER, NEVER, NEVER add saltwater or saltwater chemicals for a freshwater setup and fish especially African cichlids or Amazon setup like I have. Pull some literature up on that son, make me a believer. I've been at this a long azz time and never heard of that. As far as the water, where else are you going to get your H20 ? From the damn tap ! Betas and those Black Mollies are truly fish for your kids. Betas always look like they're dead and although betas are ''cute'' fish, they're for pu55ies basically. Last off Dwight, you got piped paying 1,200.00 for a reef setup, especially a 75 gallon setup. Coral reef setups are mainly for tanks that are 120 gallons and over. To each is own I guess, just like subs lolololololol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1241
First off mike = noob.
I was saying half salt half fresh just to give an idea of what brackish water is . Actually brackish water is water that is more alkaline to be technical but he doesn't know what tht is thts why I said what I said. I wasn't telling him exactly what it is it was just so he could get a lil info those african chichlids they are tlkin about come from rift lakes in africa like the tangayikan(sp).

Second I'm not getting piped 1200 bcuz I didn't by anything yet but the tank tht was jus a ball park figure in ma head dude stop assuming.

Third how do u figure 120 is the minimum?? 55 gallons is the minmum reccomended for saltwater setups including reefs I saw 5 different 55 gallon reef setups yest so u dnt wtf ur tlkin about.

And u can get RO water which is 99% pure from ur local fish shop which is like 30cents a gallon... with fresh water setups yes I always used tap water but u have to treat it first but its easier and quicker to cycle if u use RO water.

And I was only reccomending those fish bcuz its for his GF those are girly fish!!! And plus it doesn't seem like he really cares about this so I was reccomending low matinence (sp) fish.

I can't wait to hear ur response bcuz I know what I'm talkin about 100%

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 37
Don't start the bullshit here youngster. I see why the fellas here be hating on you bro. Chill out. It's like you've got something to prove to everyone. Calm down and take a tablet or something. NOOB ! I knew this information years ago, believe that. You just looked that shyt up didn't you ? Me personally, fack that RO water and just go straight tap. If your treat skills is tight you'll NEVER have to worry about killing those bytch-azz fish you'll be sporting in your 1,200.00 reef setup. I know they make 55 and 75 gallon reef setups but again, THEY'RE WORTHLESS ! After the reef there is no room in those shyts. That's why I said 55 and 75 gallon reef setups. If I had that 1,200 dollars Dwight I would've got me a 120 gallon freshwater COMPLETE setup that would be off the chain. As far as getting smart with EVERYBODY here, just chill son and take a Zoloft, roll up some sticky, icky, icky or go get you some pu55y or something. For real let me know what's up on your setup young bro.

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

USF, FL USA

Post Number: 683
never use tap water, use distilled or RO.

Get some cory cats, badass fish.

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

USF, FL USA

Post Number: 684
cory cats are fresh btw

Gold Member

Post Number: 1242
U started gettin smart first actually so idk what ur tlkin about.
Any retard can run a fresh water setup its not complicated at all.
I didn't just read anything like I said I had a fresh water 55 galon for like 5 years and I've read tons of books and done tons of research on fresh water setups so I know my stuff.

I'm not going to put a whole lot of coral just enough to add a nice accent the tank will be filled with about 75-80 lbs. Of live rock with just a lil bit of coral son. I will have a mix community of fish and inverts.

And r u retarted 1200 is low budget setup

When ur paying
450 tank and stand
5.99 lb. X 80 for live rock
Filters
Sumps
Power heads
Live sand
Fish
Lights -500

Tht quickly gets high in price my man. Do u research b4 u tlk 2 me like I'm a lil dumb kid when it comes to aqariums any1 can do a fresh water setup u run a 120 gal SW setup and then come tlk 2 me then.

Ur the 1 gettin all smart I was just helpin out chauncey wit actual knowledge u the one tryna pawn me when ur actually pawning urself.

Thanx SGdenny let this guy no tht tap water can be used but isn't the best option tap water is = to pyramid and legacy. Dude

Gold Member

Post Number: 1243
And I haven't been getting smart with any1 for a while don't use tht 2 get out of being a noob at fish stuff.

And "treat skillz" what skills are involved u pour a solution in the water. . . Doesn't involve much skill. And it doesn't take a genius to kno african cichlids require brackish water and aren't reccomended for begginers how bout u take a zoloft read a book and get ur knowledge up. Don't try 2 start a dwight bash o thon bcuz ur wrong

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 38
That's why I'll never own a saltwater reef setup. No doubt they're beautiful setups they are also very high maintenance and very costly. One of my ex's had her a 90 gallon saltwater setup and she used tap water ALL THE TIME. It's all about your treat game and it takes a good day to thoroughly treat your H20. This is why you have to have patience with saltwater and saltwater setups. They're too damn tedious.

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 39
Dwight, you're sounding like that baby cry on Jerry Springer. I'm not going to feed on all of that whimper shyt, too grown for that. Say what you want to say youngbuck but I see you established yourself well here on Ecoustics, do you guys agree ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1244
Tht was a pu55y move don't call on other ppl to flame me this is a simple debate between me n u y u tryna start me wit other ppl chill. Its done I kno what I'm tlkin bout and u think u kno what ur tlkin bout 1 day u will se who is right. Convo over

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The poster formerly kn...

Post Number: 2689
i agree

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5830
im not going to tell you the salt water fourm i use simply because i cant deal with your dumb azz in more then one place. why dont you take that money you got for one and move out of the "hood" where you need to carry a gun because someones going to rob your cell phone.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1248
Fu ck u matt dope and everything u stand for how bout I let u borrow my gun so u can kill urself since ur life is based on bad timing and a popped c0ndom. U b1tch a55 dope shootin fiend a55 pu55y.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5837
listen dwight you need to spend less time on this forum, and more time learning how to insult people.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The poster formerly kn...

Post Number: 2697
Everyone loves Mat Dope.

Everyone gets annoyed as hell with you Dwight.

You do the math.

You're the one with the problem. Not Dopeboy

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5840
haha PIT for the win.

ill admit i can be a priick if you piss me off but im not a ROB ;)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1249
Um I don't give 2 sh1ts who every1 loves I don't like him he hopped n my thread tlk sh1t right. . . Ok then thank u this happens all the time ppl get smart for no reason and I respond and every gets on me its getting old find some1 new 2 mess wit azz wholes.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5775
j/w, but if everytime you post/make a thread and you think everyone gets smart and messes with you, why still post here?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1250
Bcuz most of the guys here are pretty cool and knowledgable I'm not a pu55y I'm not gona let a few azz wholes scare me out of the forum its only the inernet dude. What's funny is how u take ruining my threds so seriously. Some of u guys need rehab u find it soooo hard to not press that post reply button I feel special tht u guys take 5 mins from ur life 2 get smart wit me I'm flattered. -no h0m0

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5776
but like you said, it's just the internet. if people try to get smart/ruin your threads, don't come back with any smart comments of your own. eventually it'll stop. you spend just as much time coming back with dumb remarks also, which only make it worse.

not being a dic_k, just trying to help you out not go the same route as some others that used to be here.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1251
Yea ur right it has stopped for the most part there's still a few jerks hey if u and reece can stop any1 can lol.

U still goin 2 da meet brah?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us