A Couple Questions

Bronze Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 26
1. I plan on using 4 subwoofers in my car. 2 will go on the floor behind the driver & passenger seats in small sealed boxes. The other 2 will go in the trunk in 1 large sealed box. Does anyone see a problem with this plan? or should it all work out?

2. What is the purpose of inverting subwoofers so that the magnet and motor are outside of the box and the cone is facing into the box? Better sound?

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 528
inverting the sub gives more airspace in the box if you dont have enough room for the right size box. as far as the 2 box idea i dont forsee a prob but im no expert.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 296
i wouldnt use 2 seperate boxes unless they are IDENTICAL.

are the 4 subs the same? (ie. size, rms, brand)

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5777
Yeah, all subs need to be the same, and all boxes need to be the same size.

Inverting a sub makes absolutely no difference in sound, it is done only for looks. It does affect the box airspace a little since the magnet doesn't take up space inside the box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
The subs would be the same impedance, size, and wattage but 2 different brands.

Why do all the boxes need to be the same size?

(2 would be single sub boxes that would be the same size as eachother in the car. the other 2 would be in a bigger box for 2 subs with more airspace per subwoofer in the trunk.)

Wouldnt inverting like 2 of 4 subwoofers (in the same size separate boxes) be about the same as having 2 small boxes and 2 slightly larger ones?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
bump

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2060
I would highly suggest you don't do this. Put two good subs in the trunk and call it a day. There is no point to putting them in the cab.

If you insist, do what these guys are telling you. They have to be IDENTICAL subs and boxes, no exceptions unless you want them to sound shitty.

The people on this forum can help you out. What do you want out of a system? How much money are you wiling to spend? What kind of car do you have?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
I want a system that is loud and good for listening to Rap. I am willing to spend around $300 I already have a 1000watt max (500rms)amp, 1 sealed box for 2 12"s and 1 slotted box for 2 12"s. My car is a 1999 Olds Alero sedan. What would work best for this set up?

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2072
What kind of amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Crunch Pzi2250

v This is it v
http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/catalog%20page.asp?Product+%23=PZI2250

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2073
You're sure it is 500RMS?

Also, are you planning on using two 12" then?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
I am positive it is 500RMS I asked the company that makes it.

I am willing to use any size and amount of subwoofers, but 2 12" would be the most convenient. (I want the best setup that I can get for the money)

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2076
Well someone else will have to come up with something for you. With that much power, I don't know what two woofers to suggest. If your amp was 1ohm stable I would with a doubt suggest the Ascendant Audio Assassin. However, those are only D4.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Anyone else have suggestions?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us