Who Owns Clarion Headunits ?

Username: Eldog

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 1
Since just about everybody loves Pioneer headunits on the forum I hear too much negative shyt about them. That Clarion DXZ 775USB looks like I'll be getting one very soon. Not a sexy deck but it has numerous features for the price. Someone let me know if this is worth it. PEACE.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5774
Clarion HUs are very nice, good quality. I don't own one but I know people who run them.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 7
That DXZ 775USB is a nice HU but I've seen a few of you here playa hate on Clarion. Alpine never cut it for me, even back in the mid 1980's when Alpine made decent casette decks and cd players. I like the time alignment control and 6 volt preouts is a major loveshot. I can't join the Pioneer bandwagon at this time.

Silver Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 185
you just got to deal with it bro, dont be affended, people here just have different taste, and the new clarion are not that good anymore, i like their old unit like the 1 that i use to have is the DXZ945MP touch panel with TA Upload , but now i sport p690UB PREMIER and im realy happy with it, pure sq

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12
I ain't mad at cha Mr. Sq, I think Pioneer makes DAMN GOOD head units but they just have minor issues with them at this time.

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1268
Yeah. I've had my 860MP for two and a half years and it seems as though it's finally going to crap out on me. Busted one knob a while back, when I was drunk in the woods, and now the motorized is finally sticking.

I was looking at nicer heads with the front panel USB and the JVC AR880 looked real good, not to mention is doesn't hit the wallet that hard.

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13
I think JVC makes DAMN GOOD HU's. Killa mentioned he has a KDG 820 with the USB hookup and he rant and raved about it and I looked it up and it's not a bad unit at all and the price is lovely. For some reason this DXZ 775USB has been on mind mind lately.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1272
Like Wendy's says, "do what taste right".

Silver Member

California

Post Number: 190
just get the DXZ-775USB, if thats your taste hey i respect that, i heard the quality of it from a friend and its pretty much the same as the old unit but just got better because of the USB port, i was once a clarion fan still is, and pioneer are not the best, but their known for their sq thing and that caught my attention

Silver Member

California

Post Number: 191
about the DXZ-775USB, i meant it just has different feature than the past unit, knowing that it has a usb port and SLIDETRAK, but i still like the 2005 models

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5778
" the new clarion are not that good anymore "

Umm yeah they are........

clarion, JVC, eclipse = all better than pioneer

Alpine > all

Silver Member

California

Post Number: 192
aah ummmmm.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1281
What about Nakamichi? Alpine> Nakamichi?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5788
Umm no. Those are really high end SQ units. Not what most people want though, since they don't have some of the stuff other HUs have.

Silver Member

California

Post Number: 194
cheese" yes alpine cannot be better than naka, naka is straight high end but their source are to plain, M.S. was right that naka doesnt have feature like the other soure have

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1283
I know what Nakamichi is, I was just wondering if Alpine is better than Nakamichi in flat out build/sq. Not inclunding F#1 status of course.

PLain isn't bad though, slap an eq on it and you have all the tools you'll need.

I'd still rather have some bells and whistles.

Silver Member

California

Post Number: 200
oh ok, true

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 124
My Clarion DXZ 775USB arrived earlier in the day and trust me it's a fine unit from them. Very solid head unit with many features and the price was all good too $$$$.

Bronze Member
Username: Prozack52

Post Number: 41
Guys just go with alpine

Bronze Member
Username: Prozack52

Post Number: 42
Guys just go with alpine

Bronze Member
Username: The12voltrep

Palm Beach, FL

Post Number: 20
Who Owns Clarion Headunits ?====martians!

p.s. buy an Alpine

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1488
I just bought a Zune, not an iPod so Alpine is not for me. If they had a USB one, I would be all over it.

Bronze Member
Username: Ewok

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 38
ya i also got a zune and im using it with p690UB and its nice, it shows everything like artist and songs, to bad it doesnt show cover art though but its all good

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1492
I just purchased at DXZ 775USB because I want to get away from Pioneer and experience something else, Was going to get a JVC but they don't have all the pre outs I need.

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 40
I just purchased at DXZ 775USB because I want to get away from Pioneer and experience something else, Was going to get a JVC but they don't have all the pre outs I need,

awe i see, so how is the HU? hows the sq? I was a big fan of addzest (aka) clarion. still am

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1495
Haven't gotten it yet. Needs to be shipped out.

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 42
ya ok, i like to hear whats up about it when you recieve it, by the way, what comps are you going to combine with it?

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1518
I just got it, looks nice. I'll have to get used to the Slidetrak because I'm used to knobs on my 860MP.

I am going to be going the active/DIY approach with speakers. Either a IDCXS 6.5" mid or a Peerless 7" mid and the tweeter will be a SEAS Neo.

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 61
I just got it, looks nice. I'll have to get used to the Slidetrak because I'm used to knobs on my 860MP.

thats nice to know from you, awe and your speakers are cool and tweeters, i bet that would be a nice combo, enjoy your new system bro

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1519
I want a real nice SQ set up. I want to replace my Type R with a IDQV.3. Would love a W6V2 but I need a 1 ohm load so that sucks.

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 65
is that right, yes a sub would be good so you get real bass besides your highs and mids, jlaudio W6V2 is a sq sub but not a spl, but i think the type R is a better sub, just my opinion, by the way how much are the peerless 7?

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1523
After looking more, I think I'd rather go with this 8"

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1405

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 67
ya 8" would be nice, do they sound good? i also need a shallow sub for my truck, but i dont want the kenwood shallow.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1529
How much room do you have? Have you measured it?

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 69
no i havent measured the room of my truck, its a two door, with just two front seats and a little room behind

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1537
The Clarion is nice, but it doesn't support my Zune. However it still charges it. I think I will like it more than my Pioneer, especially after the trouble I had with it this morning right before I swapped it out.

Bronze Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 75
i see that your new Clarion wont read your Zune, thats unfortunate, well atleast you can use a usb, still its a nice unit

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

O/S Power!!!!, i lo... USA

Post Number: 491
i own the clarion drz9255, great high end deck. awesome sq. would recommend, but a bit on the pricey side.

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 110
kewl unit, thats addzest i believe so,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us