Pre-outs question

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids like my rhyme...

Post Number: 3700
Can anyone figure out the pre-out voltage of this HU?

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/products/2007/multimedia/multimedia_source_units/VR X575USB/us-en-product-pf_1165294998356.html

that's the clarion site and it's not on there. i'm confused... it also says no mention of 5.1 sound...

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2514
"All units with this logo have audio outputs for external amplifires. Some units with 4V output logo have high 4V audo output for high-quality sound. In addition, some Clarion units have Non-fade output for Subwoofer, and also selectable Loop Back Circuit for hide-away dts/Dolby Digital & Dolby Pro Logic II Decoders DVH940. "

I'd go for the VRX775, but that's just me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3706
so it has 4v right? i just like the looks of this one, but no doubt the 775 is a better unit...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3707
not to mention i wasn't entirely sure what this meant:

CeNET control of:
HDD navigation
DVD changer
5.1-channel decoder
TV tuner
6-Disc CD changer
Satellite radio receiver

does that mean i have to buy something extra for the 5.1 sound or what?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3712
jake... i'm countin' on you to tell me whats up

Bronze Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 100
i looked on crutchfield they usually have the specs n next to pre-out it says N/A. strange.

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 223
I have a question, pre-amp volts is something I never concerned myself with before, but now i'm in the market for a new HU and I want to know how important these pre-amp volts are, what's good, whats bad, how it affects the system...?

Sry for the newb question, and the thread hijack, any info would be appreciated.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3736
most amps handle a 2v out well some amps don't even like 5v outs, but 5v outs provides a stronger signal and supposedly does the system more justice.. i've only had 2v units, but im in the market for something higher...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us