Breaking in

Bronze Member
Username: Trunkslayer

Fl US

Post Number: 42
A guy at my work recently got a new amp. He said that he had to break it in, before he was going to push it. Is this something that I am nieve about, because I have never heard of such a thing?

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 489
if somethings going to work it will work right when you get it. there is no need to break it in. especially an amp. all i know is if you let subs break in properly then they get louder. but ive never heard anything about breaking in amps. maybe his system sucks? and he just doesnt want people to know it does so he says he cant turn it up loud.

Bronze Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 95
ummm...dat dude ur workin wit is smokin sum crak....must be the stupidest thing i ever heard of...ROTFL!!!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5766
Hahaha ^^^^^^ X2

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1769
Thats like not dunking on a basketball goal for a month so it can break in... haha

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 861
"Thats like not dunking on a basketball goal for a month so it can break in... haha"

LOL. basketball "goal"

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 3105
lol good one capps

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1776
whats funny about that mark?

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 862
its a basketball hoop. lol.

im bout to build a complete new sub stage soon but wont have the charging to run it hard until march so im just gonna tell ppl i gotta break in my enclosure lol.

Silver Member
Username: Wylie_coyote

Post Number: 158
^^^ lol!!! dude thats funny.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids like my rhyme...

Post Number: 3727
Mark it's actually a basketball goal. Hence why, in basketball, made shots are recorded as field goals. That is also the reason why shot attempts are recorded as field goal attempts. The same principle applies for field goal percentage.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1786
Everyone one says it different but yeah, it's basketball goal if you wanna be tech about it.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 868
Reece actually only the 3's are recorded as field goals and field goal attempts. 2's are just shots and baskets.

In the 8 years i played basketball the only people i heard call the hoop a goal were forigne exchange kids. but they hardly know what basket ball is and could hardly even say hoop correctly. they would always put werid accents and stuff on it lol.

all the true ballers call it a hoop.
you just aint a true baller lol. jk.

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1536
lol you guys are retarded.........

Extreme audiophiles will "burn in" their cabling, speakers, and amplifiers. But this is something that i've never seen applied in car audio.

Playing a certain frequency and/or tones will "burn" or create a specific "path" for electrons to travel.
This is commonly practiced in high end systems where any and every measure is taken to obtain the ultimate sound quality. This affects the amplifiers components, the voice coils of the transducers, and especially the connections/cabling.
If the cables are moved even slightly, this "path" is broken. Signal path can be very delicate.
Some even use "sav" to upgrade interconnections, power cords, speaker cords, ect. I have some here I use in my hi-fi home system.
It's called SilClear.
Heres a link to the stuff I use.
http://www.mapleshaderecords.com/audioproducts/silclear.php
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us