15" Type R

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 798
How much can a 15" type R handle daily? The rms is 750, so I was thinking 1000w? Do these sound good sealed, as compared to the 12"s?

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 799
Bump

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 101
I think the 15 would be fine on 1000. as far as SQ I haven't heard the 15s; only the 12s

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

RD 1000.1D with SI MAG...

Post Number: 17321
1000wrms should be good but don't over do it. i know someone who had a pair of 15s and messed it up with some serious power. he was playing a song with some low bass and the rubber surrounds just came off the basket.

the 15 type Rs sound good btw. gets really loud too.

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 800
Think they do good sealed? Or should they be ported?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

RD 1000.1D with SI MAG...

Post Number: 17322
type Rs work well both ported and sealed. i like sealed subs so i had them sealed. however i did have them ported at one time and it still sounded clean while getting extremely loud.

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 801
Awsome. I wasnt sure if they were like the 12's or not, but I guess they are.

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 493
i really like the 15's the one i saw was in a ported box and was given 800rms and it sounded great. it was very clean while still being loud. the only thing i didnt like was the person who did it didnt put one of those clip wire holders in the box,(the ones you clip the speaker wire into and it goes through the other side to the subs.) he just drilled a hole in the box and ran the wire through. so you can hear air rushing. but besides that i loved the setup and the sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us