Last minuite change

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 855
going for the ICON now. not the sx. what size enclosure and port area and tuning do you guys reccomend. it says 2.25 @27-33hz on the site but it said 2.0 for the sx and everyone told me 2.5 or even 3 for thoes. just want to make sure im going to get the most out of these. thanks for all your help guys.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7581
srly...

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1744
Depends on your car, but since no one seems to understand, just throw that sh!t into winISD and decide what you want.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2829
^^^No sh!t....

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 857
"srly..." yes i got a good price and i think they are kinda sleeper's not many people rock them. plus they supposedly have much better sq than the SX i will try to get them metered sometime once im up to full power and let you guys know

cam i drive a 2000 Chrysler 300M (its like an intrepid) it has a very large cabin and the subs and port will be firing into it. let me know if that helps.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13649
the sx's are louder then the icons...

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1550
^^^

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 859
"the sx's are louder then the icons..."

by a noticeable ammount tho? Mark, the owner of SSA said that the SX would only be louder by tenth's on the meter. but that the icon has better low end and over all better transient and tonal response. not sure if hes just tring to sell me on these or if he actually knows what he is talking about.

i will sacrifice tenths on the meter for the supposed much better SQ of the icons. however if the SX's are going to make a noticable difference in SPL i would rather have thoes.

is there anybody here thats has heard both?

is there any conclusive proof that either is louder? for example a test of each in their ideal enclosure?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13650
"Mark, the owner of SSA said"

^^^LOLOLOL

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 860
alright im buying subs friday so i need to decide by then. i just want to wang real heavy and have decent sq and do that in ~4.5-5 net cubes on 2200rms @1ohm.

i want to hear someones opinion whos heard both the sx and icon. or anything else for that matter that they think will outperform for under 500shipped for the pair. 12's only!

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7638
Chauncey Brown knows his stuff and has been around the block it seems with quite a few different brands so if he says the sx will be louder than the icon then id listen to him but as far as the resonant engineering stats they are decent and im sure it would be no slouch...I picked resonant engineerings entry line 12 to experiment with on low power for a reason

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6585
"Chauncey Brown knows his stuff and has been around the block it seems with quite a few different brands so if he says the sx will be louder than the icon then id listen to him but as far as the resonant engineering stats they are decent and im sure it would be no slouch...I picked resonant engineerings entry line 12 to experiment with on low power for a reason "

I wouldn't listen to Chauncey or Mark of SSA. I'd get what I WANT not what someone else tells me I should get. Decide for yourself, it's not the hardest decision in the world.You can always buy the other sub down the road :-) or just get both now and see which you like better and then sell the one you like the least.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7640
"I wouldn't listen to Chauncey or Mark of SSA. I'd get what I WANT not what someone else tells me I should get. Decide for yourself, it's not the hardest decision in the world.You can always buy the other sub down the road or just get both now and see which you like better and then sell the one you like the least."

Rob Chauncey didnt tell him what to get he just said it will be louder. As far as Mark of SSA well I wouldnt call him unbiased on this topic.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5735
" but that the icon has better low end and over all better transient and tonal response. not sure if hes just tring to sell me on these or if he actually knows what he is talking about. "

No hes right about that. I'd get the icon as I would want SQ and low end response more than SPL

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1971
i actually agree with Rob just choose something Mark i'm sure you'll be happy with either sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us