Woofer formy ranger

Username: Toxa

Post Number: 3
Looking to get system for my 06ranger with regular cab. Thinking installing 10inch woofer in place of armrest. What sub will sound nice and still be loud inside that little cab. Also need advise on the amp to power that sub. Was looking at w7 but alot of people say they are overrated, I have been out the whole car audio thing for about3 years now. My budget is about 1k for sub and amp.
If some one would recommend head unit with good sound quality that would be nice to. Is nakamichi still good?
P.S. What speakers you guys running now days?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5744
yes nakamichi is still good. and about how much space do you have to work with, and what are your goals (sq, sql, spl)?

for heaadunits personally i'd look at alpine, kenwood excelon, clarion, and higher end panasonic and jvc (exad).

as for speakers, you'll want to post a budget and size you want (just get a nice comp. set and a 2 channel for them).

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Admiting your an a$$ho...

Post Number: 489
cut out the middle seat and built a sealed fiberglass box imo would look sweet

Username: Toxa

Post Number: 4
Well I'm glad you asked mectmike how much room I have. Measured between the seats and only have 12icnhes between top part and 9.5 on the bottom. So all I have is 17 high x 9.5 wide x 12 long. I'm gana have to get an 8inch sub, bummer.
Now I'm listening to allot of metallica and that kind of music and looking for a set up that will sound really good. when Lars starts on double base want to fill like I'm next to his drum set. Don't know if that make any sense at all.
Don't want to cut my seat P.rick, I'll just build a box and cover it with black carpet.

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1226
What about a slim 10" behind the seat?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us