LOL you guys will love this hahaha

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 834
so about 20 min ago i went to best buy just for sh1ts to hear some of their stuff.

this guy comes up to me and asks if he can help me with any thing and im just like yea im looking for 2 12's that will be louder than my old kappa perfects. so he points me directly to the type r then he askes me what kind of car i drive so i told him and he said that if i put them in the right box the type r's would deffinately get louder than my perfects so im thinking wow this guy is actually kind of smart he know about custom boxes lol. then i get into asking him about what kind of enclosures and amp i should run and then i asked him if he had a system. He said that he has 2 12's, 2 10's, and 2 8's all in the same ported box running on 5k watts (no brands were named). then im like thats retarted that must sound terrible and hes all like nah i got them all set to play 0-200hz has like a 20 farad cap or somthin and then after i start telling him how dumb he is and that he should only have 1 size sub and what not then he proceeds to tell me that his car is 200 db ROFLMFAO! i just laughed at him and im just like, WOW! so you have the loudest car on earth by like 20 db and then hes like yea i guess so. hahahahaha i just started laughing so ridicuslously and left.

Silver Member
Username: Ska

Post Number: 179
thats awesome, good read man, i needed that lol

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 919
lmao lmao what an idiot.....and when you mix match sub sizes the larger sub cancels out the smaller ones so it's pointless

Silver Member
Username: Ska

Post Number: 183
well J Noel, he is hitting like 200 DB so that can't be the case

Bronze Member
Username: Alex_smith

Post Number: 22
haha ive got a similar story

me and colby live right across the street from each other so we chill a good bit. we had the same boredom idea as you and we decided to go up to best buy to mess with the guy and see what he had to say about systems. we asked him if he could sell us a system that would get louder than 4 18"BTL's and (4) 4kw's (basically quoting troy jones system a couple days after hearing it). so the guy walks us over to the punch p3's they had on display with cracks on the dust cap and everything from dumbazz ppl "punching the punch's" which he thought was really funny when he said it. He swore to us that in the right box two p3 12's would hit 200+ dB's. this is when we butt in and ask him if he knows that 200dB's is entering shockwave pressure. He refused to believe us and he wanted us to come back aother day so he could set up the p3's and prove to us how loud it was.

Fun times at BestBuy

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 837
lol. they have to hire idiots like that tho. cuz if they hired me i would tell everyone to get their stuff online, lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Alex_smith

Post Number: 23
yeah. funny thing is though, a while later we went back back for something and we ended up talking to a different guy who actually knew what the fck he was doing. He had a 15"Bl with a sundown amp and he also had a term lab so they not all stupid.

but agreed that the majority of them are

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1728
J Noel, don't make those sort of assumptions.

When you don't understand what you're talking about, try not to act.

Not going for drama, we just don't need newbs reading sh!t like that and taking it for the truth.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1898
HA HA but they wont hire me to work for them wtf

F BB, CC, and now Tweeter i gues u have to b a tard to work there

Silver Member

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 921
CAM - in moscases i'm right casue if theyre ran on the same amp they wont produce the same way and therefore theres no advantage to adding them...

Silver Member

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 922
so b4 you go calling me out..read up on your stuff....it may not b true in EVERY case but in most

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1732
It was your explanation as to why, that I was referring to. Sorry I wasn't clear, man. It has to do with crossovers and whether they share a box. If they do, then you get real cancellation. If it's just a 10 and a 12 in separate enclosures, even playing the same frequencies, there will be an immeasurably miniscule amount of cancellation.

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1733
Have fun in Vegas!

Silver Member

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 924
^ but the op said the guy told him he had 8's 10
s and 12's in the same ported box lmao

Silver Member

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 925
thanks bro....

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1734
Oh, I know. The larger sub doesn't cancel out the smaller one, however.

Silver Member

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 926
i reread myu old post and i see what your talking about....i wasnt clear on exactly what i was saying and a noob could think i meant it even if it was different boxes....my bad

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1735
No problem. You drove me to learn a little about the real reasons, so thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1741
holy crp , there is a God. I think this is the first time someone has bee n corrected and a fight didnt break out in a couple months.

"You drove me to learn a little about the real reasons"
I need to read up too.

Yeah, you very rarly find people on the floor that know what they're talking about. I've found out that the guys working in the install bay know a little more and some of them are actually really smart.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5682
Even if they're in different boxes it still wouldn't sound good. The different subs have different response curves.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 258
i think the p3's might get a bit louder than 4 18"BTLs...cuz thats what the bestbuy guy said...and they know their sh!t lol

my friend trusted someone she knew who worked at circuit city.. he took out her amp but left the ground, power, and remote just chilllin...they touched and a nice lil spark came up.

Silver Member

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 932
lol^ i'ma pm steve meade and let him know he's wasting his time with his 4 18" fi btl fully loadeds and he needs to get some p3's ftw...lmao

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 791
Last time I talked to best buy guys, this dude told me that all the subs in there were using the same exact basket and that the only subs they make recone hits for were W7's and mtx95's lol.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2230
i worked at circuit city for 4 years ... got the whole shop running ascendant audio .. lol

the couldnt get over my avalanche and how it decimate everything by alot ..

they couldnt get it threw there head til i did a direct swap out from a mtx 7500 and an ava 15 and it absolutely pooped on it lol

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1439
I worked at Tim Hortons for a few years to pay for college and this one dude came through the drive through with a little ranger like truck with a 12" sub fiber glassed in the middle of the two seats. I can't remember what sub it was but I know it was a cheap brand, like Sony.

I asked him if he goes to stereo competitions and he was all "yeah", so I asked him what db he usually hits and he replied with "150 or so".....riiight

Next dude at Timmy's always came through with his newer dodge charger(I think thats what it was).
He had his stereo cranked all the time when he came through and it sounded like absolute garbage and I've never heard a trunk rattle so much. I saw him at my local car competition and smirked as he hit a 134db (2 12"s) and then watched him as he peeled away from the competition as he didn't even place.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8059
I've always wanted to read a story where someone went in and got pwned by the BB people there.

I don't get why people do that though. Why just go in there and start sh1t with the employees. If they are acting like a d1ck and know it all then sure, share some knowledge with him but there is no excuse to just going up to the guy just waiting for him to slip up once so you can sh1t on him. No one goes to your work to rip on you when you mess up. I dunno though, seems dumb to me. You know your smarter than them so why go flaunt that.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12891
u just love to make fun of ppl who Think they alot about car audio

i dont laugh at ppl but if u tell me come listen to how good ur stuff is & when i hear it it really sounds weak\lame then dude im gonna tell u in a nice way ur sh1t sux ......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us