Should I buy the Cleansweep?

Bronze Member
Username: Superrober

Post Number: 13
I have an excelent set of components but doesnt sound as good as my older car with a sony stereo. I cant change the stero in my new car so I think I'll have to buy the cleansweep

Can anyone recommend it? I see that this thing will flatten the response curve of the outputs, but I never really liked the sound like that in my other stereos.

Is there anything else this thing can do?

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 229
so you have components, and want them louder?

get a amp to them! what components are they? do you have an aftermarket HU or stock?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I have an mb quart on the front and crossfire in the back with a jl amp. I need better sound, not louder. Would I see a big difference with the cleansweep?

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 247
better sound? get better speakers, sound deaded the doors, set the amp to 2channels just on the fronts.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Well, better speakers is out of ther question, I have already spent $1000 on those three things. I think I'm going with the Dynamat solution. Hopefully there will be a huge improvement

I notice you didnt recommended a subwoofer. You think the Dynamat is more important?

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 255
well what are you looking for? a cleaner sound? more bass? more midbass? more of everything?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I really cant explain. I love soundtracks ( LOTR,Matrix,etc) with my Sony stereo I had much cleaner sound, I could recognize more instruments than now and overall I think it was better equalized.

In my factory stereo I can only manage two frecuencies, treble and bass. With my former stereo I could manage more frecuencies and that "loudness" setting was great !

That's why I thought my two choices to improve sound would be the cleansweep or an Equalizer. What would you recommend?

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 274
if you want more lower end then yes a subwoofer is the way to go. what specific JL amp do you have?

and sound deadening would improve the overall sound of your comps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
I have a Jl A4300. I can percieve mild distortion on lower frecuencies. Shouldn't my components have 0 distortion since they are brand new and are connected to an excellent amp? Did the guy that installed them did something wrong?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
I read an advice on this subject: I should make a low pass crossover to the back speakers to 2000Hz so I get the low frecuencies on the back.
Is this a good idea?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6603
Is there any reason you don't want to replace the stock head unit?

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 275
you shouldnt have a LP on...there should be a switch that has LP, FULL, HP. for your speakers, make sure its on the FULL.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Unfortunately in my country there's a 80% probability that an aftermarket unit will get stolen.

Plus, I dont want to lose my steering controls.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Thank you Abarca for the advice. According to specs, my mb quart should recieve at least 70 w. My amp has a rated power of :
# 45W RMS x 4 @ 4 ohm
# 75W RMS x 4 @ 2 ohm

Is this good enough or should I get a more powerful ( expensive ) amp? I've heard that not enough power can create disrtotion and burn the speakers.

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 278
you can blow speakers by underpowering or overpowering. so it just all depends on how you set you gains on the amp. setting them correctly is the best way to get the best possible sound out of your system. if you do not know how, go to a local audio shop and ask if they will set them.

and about the aftermarket HU, sh!t happens... its sad but it does happen. but you shouldnt let that keep you from enjoying your music. most HU now let you take off the faceplate so if they do get it, its worthless. it still sucks but would u rather get it stolen and know that someone is bumpin your stuff? idk its your choice and its your money lol.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5731
" you can blow speakers by underpowering or overpowering "

Wrong........ it is possible to blow speakers by overpowering, but not very likely. It is NOT possible to blow speakers by "underpowering". If that were true, your speakers would blow when you turned the volume down, think about it.

You CAN very easily blow speakers by overdriving the amplifier and driving them with a clipped signal. Thats is how people damage speakers 99% of the time.

http://www.bcae1.com/2ltlpwr.htm

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 281
thats what i meant. lol MS said it better.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Ok, so I'm back from the shop. I told them about the mild distortion and that I also wanted to buy a subwoofer. They told me I have two choices: Throw $300 more on a better ( D class, 6 channel ) amp, $200 on a Jl subwoffer and bass blockers for the components.

OR breach my amp (150W RMS x 2 @ 4 ohm) and the other two channels to my subwoofer. In this case a cheaper ( less demanding ) subwoffer.

Please advice what should I do??? These guys look me like an idiot and will make me buy whatever they want
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us