I have a QUestion**??

Username: Xxxghostxxx

Naptown

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, I just bought a Sandisk View 8gb Mp3 player . Well since the FM transmitter is worthless, I found some RCA cables laying around and plugged them in the back of my deck (Alpine- CDA9811). Then the other prong that goes into the headphone jack on the mp3 player. After I went thru the options on the deck to turn on the AUX option and turned it on...it doesn't play sound! If I turn it up to like vol. 20 I can hear some treble of a song thats it. wtf is wrong? Thanks.

Naptown

Post Number: 3
Or do I have to use the Ai-Net cable. I wonder if they make a Ai-Net connection to the headphone..then it might work. I just wanted to know if it was something simple before I take that step though?

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 240
hmmm, so you hooked it to the AUX in on the back of the HU(using a RCA to a 3.5mm jack) and the mp3 player did you have the volume turned up on teh MP3 player?

Naptown

Post Number: 4
Yes. I turned it up all the way. I also tried using different formats (Mp3, wma, etc.).

Naptown

Post Number: 5
I bet I have to buy a cable that goes from Ai-net to 3.5mm jack..

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 241
no you shouldnt have to, i have a Alpine CDA-1004 on the way and im planning on doing what you are doing, i have done this with my last HU which was a dual(i know sucky haha) but however it should work as long as you have a AUX in hmm im stumped on this one hmm h/o let me do sum thinkin

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 242
when you said turn on the AUX did you mean switchin modes so its on the AUX?

Naptown

Post Number: 6
yeah...my HU has an option to turn on the AUX option or leave it off. So now when I turn on the deck my sources are, tuner, disc, aux....

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 243
hmm, so you switch modes to AUX in and have to crank it real high and still only get high freq stuff, hmmm dammm, did you check your cross overs?? see if they are set real high??

Naptown

Post Number: 7
nope..how do I do that?

Naptown

Post Number: 8
honestly man...I dont think I have to go that deep into it..I know its something sipmle...I gaurentee that is has to do with that Ai-Net cable...I bet thats the only way for it to work. That is how you hook up iPods and cd cahngers etc..so..

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 244
yea to hook up ipod and and CD changer so that you can control it threw th HU but Ai-Net cables only work with Ipods,

Naptown

Post Number: 10
Yeah, but it also works for Alpine Cd Changers, MP3 players, and iPods..

Bronze Member

Naptown

Post Number: 11
http://cgi.ebay.com/USED-ALPINE-Ai-NET-TO-MP3-HEADPHONE-JACK-KCA-121B-IPOD_W0QQi temZ290198757821QQihZ019QQcategoryZ86532QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

wonder if that'll work..

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 105
yes that would work, have u turned up the aux input on the hu

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 246
yea that will defanitly work, but i woulda thought the way u was tryin would work too. i get my HU 2marrow and ill try that out and if it doesnt work i will get that cable and let you know unless you wanna go ahead and buy that

Bronze Member

Naptown

Post Number: 12
"yes that would work, have u turned up the aux input on the hu"

what do you mean?

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 838
ok ok take it from a guy who has done this type of setup on over like 20 units. heres what's wrong, yes aux setting is correct, is your wiring? no. you are plugged into the line in jack instead of the aux jack. line in u will barely here any music with the player on max volume and the sound will be the same no matter where the volume knob is on the head unit. bassically you bypassing the internal amp in the hu. u need to plug into the aux port not the line in port on the hu. now 2 more things if ur aux is a 3.5 mm port u need adouble ended male to male connector. one goes to the player one to the head unit. now as far as left right rcas go that's prob your line in cause most new units use only the 3.5 mm port for aux esp pioneers. only time i seen units use the rca type aux input would be unit's 3 years or older. hope this answers your question.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5657
Assuming you get it connected right, check also on the HU some have an AUX level control in the menu.

You should need anything special for that to work if the HU has RCA input jacks.

Bronze Member

Naptown

Post Number: 13
yeah, got it fixed. I was right, Ai-net cable..crystal clear SQ.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us