Running 2nd battery

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2802
Ok, I've never really understood this part of car audio. Would I be alright running a Deka Intimidator 9A78DT in the back and my stock battery up front? The deka is a wet batt and is non-spillable.

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 230
umm why dont replace your front battery first, then still have problems replace the rear, it would be optinmable(or how ever you sell it haha) to run the same batts front and rear..........david

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5631
The batteries should be the same or you can run into problems down the road....... do what he said and just replace your front battery if it needs it

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5632
Another option is to use an isolator and have a deticated battery for the audio system. They batteries can be different in that case.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2805
Do you think just using the Deka up front will be alright? It has the same exact specs as a yellow top. But I happen to know from someone on another forum and a little visit he had to East Penn (deka's manufacturer), and the Deka is actually way underrated.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2807
Just read some more and the deka is a deep cycle.

Also, I only have about 12" or a little less in length to fit a battery up front. I really need some suggestions.

Any more help is greatly appreciated. :-)

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 238
whats your prive budget

Gold Member

Post Number: 2808
Well I already have the deka, thats why I'm asking about it. I cant spend any money right now, I'm about to have a baby. The only reason I have a stock alternator right now is cause I sold one of my a3000db's. If I ever get my alternator back from Iraggi, I will have a 200A alternator.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 239
haha i feel you man i ordered my alt from irragi couple days from chrismas, i finally got it day or 2 ago, it was worth it tho, well if you already have the deka then either use it in the front, or get an isolator and put it in the back

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5647
You will be fine with the deka battery, as far as batteries go.

But if you've got more than ~1000w in there you really need that HO alt.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2813
Thanks guys.

Yeah, I really need my alt back from Iraggi. It has been nothing but a PITA dealing with him.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6670
We should go down to his shop and beat him in the face with our alternators that didn't work or fit properly. Just kidding!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us