Why is this so cheap?

Bronze Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 16
looks like a great deal to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLARION-VRX775VD-IN-DASH-7-MOTORIZED-DVD-CD-MP3-XM-GPS_W0QQi temZ360011738256QQihZ023QQcategoryZ32825QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m1 18.l1247QQcmdZViewItem#sp

Silver Member
Username: Ska

Post Number: 134
its factory REmanufacture

and rule of thumb, if it seems too good to be true it probably is

Bronze Member

PA

Post Number: 18
is factory remanufacture like refurbished? r broken r sumin?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12621
I don't see a warranty. Is there one? For that price I would suspect it to be "as-is".

Shady.

Bronze Member

PA

Post Number: 19
lol yea, sneaky...but they have good feedback, it says Factory Remanufacture tho.. w/e that means...

Bronze Member

PA

Post Number: 20
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
i think remanufactured might have been like a call back on that product then the prob was "fixed" and now its back on the market

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 829
a refurb it the same thing as remanufactured as far as im cocerned. they took a broken unit, fixed it, maybe replaced some worn parts, and now are selling it for much less than the origional price. seems like a good deal if you ask me. if i wasnt saving up for new subs i would have already bought that.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6565
Damn, I may buy that lol.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2801
No doubt. If I didnt have to buy a new alternator the other day, that would be mine right now.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12624
If it works/warranted as new so would I.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6566
Sh1t... I'm so tempted to buy that but I must resist spending my CRX funds lol.

Bronze Member

PA

Post Number: 21
i sent them an email asking, what is wrong wit it or is it broken r sumin. so if they tell me whats up, i probably buy it. hell its a great deal to me. also these r the same thing but the stores r diff name but i think its the same company.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLARION-VRX775VD-IN-DASH-7-MOTORIZED-DVD-CD-MP3-XM-GPS_W0QQi temZ360011738256QQihZ023QQcategoryZ32825QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m1 18.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLARION-VRX775VD-IN-DASH-7-MOTORIZED-DVD-CD-MP3-XM-GPS_W0QQi temZ280188135847QQihZ018QQcategoryZ32825QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m1 18.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLARION-VRX775VD-IN-DASH-7-MOTORIZED-DVD-CD-MP3-XM-GPS_W0QQi temZ160197862684QQihZ006QQcategoryZ32825QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m1 18.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

PA

Post Number: 24
im so tempted to buy it to find out!! lol it sounds to good to be true, and there feedbacks r good too.

Silver Member
Username: Marcooo

Post Number: 232
Just bought it
There goes my Deh-980BT or CDA-9887 oh well great deal

You think I should buy a one year warranty for free repair/full refund if it fails? It's $17...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12630
Uh, yeah lol.

Bronze Member

PA

Post Number: 28
im tempted to get one too, to see why its so cheap...n if it turns out bad probably just put it up on ebay. lol.

Bronze Member

PA

Post Number: 29
d@mn ppl alreadi bought it all WTF!!! i knew i should have bought one lastnite.. :-( MArk tell me how it is.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

RD 1000.1D with SI MAG...

Post Number: 17157
i'd take that in a heartbeat if i didn't have a indash already. its hookedontronics. they are trustworthy. at least for me they were. i bought something from them before and it was as described.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17158
damn the bidding has ended.

Bronze Member

PA

Post Number: 30
there's still 2 more chad i just found on ebay...i think im goin to get one...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17160
too late, i just bought both. lol.

Bronze Member

PA

Post Number: 32
lol liar, i still see them, something about that deal looks fishy...tho..but im still tempted to get it.

Bronze Member

PA

Post Number: 34
i think the seller posted up the wrong pricing because i emailed them about it, and i had it on watch and all of a sudden it said ended by seller. then i thought to my self damn i could have gotten a good deal like mark did. d@mn it!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17162
man why did you go and do that for. hahahahaha. i was gonna buy it and sell it to a friend for like $350. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. lol.

Bronze Member

PA

Post Number: 35
they prob would have noticed b4 shipping it out, lol i dunno i guess mark gotta good deal then. :-(

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2496
theres still one up

Gold Member

Post Number: 6571
"i think the seller posted up the wrong pricing because i emailed them about it, and i had it on watch and all of a sudden it said ended by seller. then i thought to my self damn i could have gotten a good deal like mark did. d@mn it!!"

No what happened was that you said the price was extremely low and they said "Oh, we can probably sell it for more then."

Retarded.

Bronze Member

PA

Post Number: 39
lol def not, becuase they have the same one's up for 500+, i dunno why those one's are under 200.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6572
Because the other ones are NOT RE-MANUFACTURED. I already looked into myself.

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
AHHHH! So mad right now.
Just got home and I open my e-mail and what do I see?
An e-mail from HookedOnTronics saying they're out of stock!
BS
The auction was for one unit only (not a lot), so it's not like they listed one too many and I was the last person to buy one.
God I'm so mad. That's really shady I understand taking it down before someone buys it because you realize you can get more for it, but to back out on a bidding contract (eBay terms) is just wrong and I think illegal if they really aren't out of stock.
I'm gonna annoy the hell out of them for a week or two and if I still don't get it leave some nasty negative feedback lol

HookedOnTronics = shady
Will never do business with them again.

Silver Member

Post Number: 234
This is the first e-mail I just sent them.

HookedOnTronics,

I don't believe for one second that you are out of stock on this product. Why would you have four auctions up for them, including your two other accounts, if you were out of stock? And if you really are then you should send me a new one that you have listed now. Seems like a little more than a coincidence that you list the same product with the same picture, the only difference being it says "new" in the description instead of "Factory Remanufactured" within 24 hours of taking the "Factory Remanufactured" listing down. You made it pretty obvious to me that you were screwing me over.
If I don't get a response to this e-mail, within 24 hours, with a better explanation, an honest one this time, as to why I'm not getting what I paid for or an e-mail saying you're sending me a new one, then I'll have no other choice, but to file a complaint with the BBB and eBay, not to mention leave negative feedback.
For future reference it's not the best idea to rip off your customer just to make an extra $300, that's like what <1% of your daily sales, especially when that customer was seriously considering on buying from you again.

-Mark Fantini

Bronze Member
Username: Sk8terdude2088

FL

Post Number: 17
I bought one to and they said it was out of stockk....?@?!!? AHHH such a good deal gone down the drainnn..! mark keep in touch on what they send you back in response to your email...

Silver Member

Post Number: 235
Hmmm kinda seems like stateprop screwed me and sean over...

Anyways all I got back so far is an auto-response saying they'll get back to me within 24 hours, so we'll juat have to wait and see...

Also found a really nice Pioneer nav double-din for $256 shipped. BNIB. I'll post the link for people who are interested, but first I need to know what it means if the preamp voltage is only 2v. Does that just mean my amp will have to work harder or what?
There's 15 available through Buy-It-Now, just didn't want Chad or someone buying all 15 before I decided to buy it or not.
lol j/p Chad

Silver Member

Post Number: 236
One more question, does Valor make good flip-outs?
Thanks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17217
just let it go mark. lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 237
BTW shipping will probably be more if you don't live in WI. Didn't notice the shipping was calculated and this guy lives like 2 hours from me, that's why it's so cheap for shipping. Just a heads-up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 249
Bump for a great deal...
I'll post the link after my preamp voltage ? is answered.
Saw this on sonicelectronix for almost $700

Silver Member

Post Number: 251
lol I can't Chad, my quest for justice compels me

Bronze Member

FL

Post Number: 20
POST IT DAMNIT!!!! haha

Bronze Member

PA

Post Number: 51
Mark i didnt screw you guys over...i was just showing u guys a great deal that seemed to good to be ture because i was going to get it too. did they atleast refund u bak? i knew it was too good to be true. sorry guys.

Silver Member

Post Number: 252
Decided I don't need a DVD HU atm so here's the link for a BNIB Pioneer AVIC-D3 for 250 plus shipping.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBTOX:IT%26item%3 D300192903198&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI
Wasn't sure if the guy was legit but he did recently sell a $800 camera and got pos feedback. E-mailed him asking if he'd put up an auction for Buy-It-Now and he said to give him your address then he'd e-mail that to eBay and then you could buy it. So it sounds like it's through eBay and you'd have protection, but IDK how that works. He can't really scam you with just your address right?

And I was jus playin around stateprop. I highly doubt they screwed me over just because you e-mailed them saying the price was low. If so then they are a worse company, or w/e you wanna call them, then I thought.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17244
i respect that mark. you keep at it man.

stateprop486, i don't think mark meant it in a serious way. lol. you did what you had to do man.

Bronze Member

PA

Post Number: 52
haha aight mark. so i just tried that link, seems like the guy took that down too. lol ppl cant make up there mind d@mn.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17246
lol wtf is up with everyone.

stateprop and mark, keep on searching for some deals and post it here. you guys are good at that. lol.

Bronze Member

PA

Post Number: 53
i think that was the one Mark was talking about, it says price for one unit $250, not sure what he means by that though. so i emailed him asking. lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-AVIC-D3-IN-DASH-DVD-GPS-CAR-NAVIGATION-NEW_W0QQitemZ 300192903198QQihZ020QQcategoryZ264QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Post Number: 254
Hmm must've been a bad link. Still up for me.

Her's the link one more time
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBTOX:IT%26item%3 D300192903198&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI

If that doesn't work try searching the title
PIONEER AVIC-D3 IN DASH DVD/GPS CAR NAVIGATION NEW

Silver Member

Post Number: 255
Yep that's it stateprop.

I'll post my e-mail exchange with him in a moment.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17247
lol stateprop, you and your emails. hahaha.

i am sure the price will go up. there are 11 bidders on that.

mark you gotta log off your ebay account and then search for the product. then post a link to that.

Bronze Member

PA

Post Number: 54
Hey u never know...ive gotten sum good deals on ebay. lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 257
Me:
Got any pictures?

Him:
Hi,

I have 15 units for sale.. all is new in box, never opened and price for one unit is $250
If you`re ready to buy one i need to know your:
ebay user id: ...
Fullname: ...
Address: ...
City: ...
State: ...
Zip: ...
As soon as I have them I'll start the official procedure, and eBay will notify you about this. You'll also receive important guidelines + instructions from them, this deal will be through eBay ONLY!

Thank you

Me:
Hi,
If I were to buy one for $250 you'd put up a Buy-It-Now auction through eBay right? A lot safer that way.

Thanks

Him:
Hi,

I need the details exactly like i have requested , because i have to
forward the email to eBay.
In short time, they will contact you with an Invoice in order to
complete this transaction!

Bronze Member

PA

Post Number: 55
that sounds kinda fishy too....lol i dunt kno...so he's selling something he doesnt have yet? lol what is he doing plan on stealing them..."As soon as I have them I'll start the official procedure"

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17249
smells <@xxxxxxxxx><

Bronze Member

PA

Post Number: 56
or does he mean as soon as he has your personal info. lol..ppl now a days are shady.

Silver Member

Post Number: 258
I think he meant personal info and yea sounds a little shady to me too. The only reason I was thinking about doing it is because he has 100% pos feedback and sold someone a camera for $800 recently. But you never know he could've bought it himself then left himself pos feedback just for this purpose lol

Bronze Member

FL

Post Number: 21
mark how would i mount that in my 2003 ford f150?!?!

Silver Member

Post Number: 259
Are you saying it doesn't fit? Get the measurements of the Double-Din in your truck then compare it to the measurements of the unit.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5851
Ok...i got an email from this ebay auction guy. He said 90day warranty.

But the Clarion was already bought by one of you guys...i guess. The at ~5pm i got another ebay email had been relisted. BUT, you guys say they were out of stock...WTF?

fishy fishy

The relist has already been bought by k_e_ii_t_h, is that one of you?

Silver Member

Post Number: 261
Canaan can you post a link I couldn't find that auction.
Sean is your eBay name bestofKhan?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5852
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D230215801973&ssPageName=A DME:B:WNARL:US:1123

That was the relist.

Bronze Member

FL

Post Number: 22
my ebay name is sk8terdude2088 lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17252
i don't think they made a mistake. it clearly says how much you save.

List price: $899.95
Your Price: $141.95
You save: $758 (84.23%)

Bronze Member

PA

Post Number: 60
lol, yea

chad im thinkin about gettin a panasonic indash like this one...what do u think?

how are the panasonic indash like the CQ-VD7003U? because im thinking about getting it. thanks guys.

http://www.zigiboom.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=33729

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17254
i like that one. i think its nice.

the cool thing about the clarion is that it has dual zone.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12678
^^^Another refurbished unit.

Be careful.

Bronze Member

PA

Post Number: 61
this has it too, "Private Mode lets you play one source in front, another in rear" is that what your talking about?

lol yeah i know Paul, but i have bought alot of refurb stuff and never had a problem like my zx1000.1 is refurb and my pioneer premier HU 780mp is refurb, and i work at a cell phone refurb company. lmao. haha

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17257
your right. thats cool.

Silver Member

Post Number: 262
Oh because I saw bestofKhan bought the Clarion then bought another one from someone else for like $500 so I'm thinking he got the "not in-stock" e-mail also.

Silver Member

Post Number: 264
AVIC-D3 update. Got another e-mail from the guy saying he needed my info ASAP because there was only 3 left. Sounds really fishing to me, but you never know.
Did anyone on here buy one from him?

Bronze Member

PA

Post Number: 62
nah, that dude sounds shady. lol i wouldnt trust him.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us