SQ questions

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 775
So, I was thinking about doing a new setup this spring and I'm probably gonna go sq. Lets say you 2 of the exact same subs, a 12" and a 15". How much of a sq difference would there be between them both if in their optimal setup?

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1715
15 should get a little lower; probably louder.

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 776
I mean as far as response goes. Also, i'm kinda getting back into rock and whatnot, and I'm wondering how much better a 12" will sound over a 15"? My sub kinda drags on the guitar bass and I dont like it mixed up with drum bass. I'm gonna try a new box this spring. I have a 15" diamond d6 3.3cf @35hz, so I'm gonna try to aim for 28hz.

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1716
I think, in the right box, you wouldn't notice any negative effects on the SQ. As long as the motor has the torque to make up for the resistance of the extra air.

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1717
Depends on the sub and the cabin. If you want to do it right, talk to Pete Kullicki.

http://www.hexibase.com

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 779
Will do right now. What the he11 happened to my last post?

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1718
Hey, it said that Dwight was the 88th poster in Chad's MAG thread, when it was me. Ecoustics is fucked.

You should be quite impressed with his design.

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 780
I emailed him about what he think as far as a box size, if he had any experience with them. My next box I want to design myself, get some practice with it. I'm think about using aero's on my next box, So I can change the tuning if needed. Maybe I'll build a sealed box too so I can see how much of a difference there really is between low tuned ported and sealed.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 818
hit up Chad Lee he took this rout not long ago and i'm sure he can give you the best advice he's been in so many different setups i can't count them and now sq setups so he will prob nail all your questions on the head if you talk to him.

btw for rock and what not i think chad mentioned the epic center for boosting guitars the best.

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 782
I dont like the guitar bass, at least not on my setup. It kinda sounds all nasty and draggy. I didn't know if it was a common things for 15's to do, or if it was my box.

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

They Love 2 Hate Me, Most Hated a... USA

Post Number: 1131
it might be right cam bcuz i did delete a post from that thread. wow 28 hz is low i wud like 2 hear how that sounds

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1721
It should be the box, in reference to SQ and sub sizes. Remember, Pete won't just hit up subwoofertools, he'll take into account your cabin, and a box designed that way will be an overall far superior box, unless you somehow get lucky. I'd get him to design you one. I doubt his designs are more than TTB, which was $40. I'll let you know how mine is, probably within a few months.

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 787
That sounds good. I wont be building a box till spring anyways.

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1722
Ah. I gotta get some money and get a request into his hands. My canvas soft-top sits on top of the box, and now the port has developed a small amount of mould in one corner. It's not too good.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 834
idk if it's 15's i will deff say my 12' type - r has a very very steep curve in fq drop off thanks to my 32 hz, like i can hit beautigful rap notes and awsome bass riffs but it depends on the song. take gnarles barklys crazy and gone daddy gone. they have very very smooth riffs and my woofers reallty silent. ye run kayne west stronger over the same volume and you'll be reaching for ear muffs. it's morre or less what you listen to and how thier freq matches up to your box. mines got a fine line between drop offs it's great but also annoying at the same time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us