Whats better than a w7

Bronze Member
Username: Msand951

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 26
Dont get me wrong i love jl. and wanted a w7 but my buddy beat me to it and is talking alot of SH!t. should arrive tuesday. hes going to push it with a 1800 kenwood amp. As for me i have a hifonics 2006d amp 2000 rms but more like 1600rms at 1ohm. if i go with a single sub setup which sub would you use. also in what box ported, enclosed or sealed. I have a ram 1500 quad cab and i want to removed the middle seat and have a box made. or if you know of any stereo shops in Riverside CA that might carry them let me know . I got the seat idea from jl's stealth box. but would settle for a clone or regular box.
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1535

Bronze Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 27
i forgot to mention 12in. w7, and i also want to use a 12.
ive been looking at
sounstream
rf
mtx

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1706
Better as in louder,better SQ? SQ will prolly be hard to beat. Maybe look into Audioque HDC3

www.audioque.com

It will get pretty loud on 2k and in a ported box. It wont have the SQ the W7 has but will prolly be louder. Your friend needs to get a new amp

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5610
mtx sucks, RF subs ain't that good either.

And LMAO, I got a good laugh out of your friends setup...... he powering a great sub with POS amp

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2491
haha just get a 13w7 and sh!t on his face

Bronze Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 28
do you think my amp can push. this.http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17772
i was also looking at this http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=18556
i heard the t4 bumbs . but i never seen it to believe it.http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16056

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2675
yeah, get the 13w7 and a real amp for it.

hes prolly gonna put that w7 in a prefab box like some other dude on here was wanting to do so you can get him there, too... :-)

Bronze Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 29
check this out 12in w7 vs. orion
http://www.orioncaraudio.com/Promos/HCCA_Challenge_Video_jl.aspx

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

DD9515G VFL 200.1 = : , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1229
^^^ is that a joke?

JL recommends to NEVER put 3,000 watts on it, of course its going to fail

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 792
LMFAO that was the funniest video ive ever seen hahahaahha i wouldnt get that orion just because of that.

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

After 194dBs your car ..., North carolina

Post Number: 795
why wouldnt you get the orion? because it handles more power than the JL?
ha

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2217
that orion will take a dump on alot of subs ... trust in that ...

Bronze Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 30
i dont think my amp would push it cause it needs at least 2000 rms. i have a hifonics 2000 @ 1ohm. but its overated.
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16370 so i need to find something i can push good. the 13 w7 is good but too expensive . when i compare the orion for $399 and the jl 13w7 for $679. almost 700 for a sub would be to much. but im open to any ideas.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8011
"LMFAO that was the funniest video ive ever seen hahahaahha i wouldnt get that orion just because of that."

Gues you don't ever want a badass subs then? Hmmm....

Mike, do you want to just be louder? Or sound better? Or both?

Bronze Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 31
ive compared the Audioque HDC312 to other subs like soundstream. looks good. my amp could probably push that pretty good. but I dont know much about that brand is it reliable, good, and worth it. its only $229. at audioque website. does a big magnet make a diffence.

Silver Member

Post Number: 800
Audioque makes a very good product. and the hdc3 has gotten very good reviews. that amount of power would be great for a hdc3. and in the right box it can get pretty loud
i believe scott s did a 148.x with 1.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8012
Audioque is very reliable, very good, and very worth it.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3363
Yeah, nobody get an Orion HCCA... they are horrible

Silver Member

Post Number: 801
i knew brad would have something to say. lol

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2782
"Yeah, nobody get an Orion HCCA... they are horrible "

^^^Word....straight terrible

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUB...

Post Number: 1187
x2 on AudioQ

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7557
re audio sx trust me... get an sx dual 2 ohm on that bad boy hifonics...

Bronze Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 32
yanks fan, i want to get both if possible loud and better.on the box would you guys get ported or sealed

Silver Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 254
SX would get sh.t on in SQ you know... The Orion is a good idea. But, I'd go for the KO with the AQ as well. My brother has the AQ HD2.5. I bet the HD3 can almost keep up with my DD9512 =)

OR... You could get another amp and a 9512 and sh.t on his chest?

Silver Member

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 255
Uh.... PORTED!

Bronze Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 33
wow i checked out that re sx that looks awesome.
price isnt that bad. on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/RE-AUDIO-SX12-12-SX-SUB-WOOFER-RESONANT-ENGINEERING-D2_W0QQi temZ190190971024QQihZ009QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
so i have this in mind and the hdc312 audioque. any of these models which of the 2 would be best for the amp im am using. i know im asking alot of questions but i just want the best bang for my buck and best match for my amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 803
"My brother has the AQ HD2.5."

HD2.5? can i see pics of that? lol

i think you mean sd2.5

Silver Member

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 258
AQ. Hands down. The SX's get sh.t on in SQ. Period. End of discussion. Go buy the AQ.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7559
^^^^ what???

first of all dumb lil playb0y dude...

the sx is a spl that SOUNDS NICE... the sq of that partically woofer is far better than most subwoofer called "sql" since that term doesnt really exist...

the audioque will not be louder than the sx if its under the 2k rms range....

so aq hands down??? it just proves how much u know... yeah alot

u can get a audioque hdc3 if you can get dual 1 ohms... get a hifoncis another 2006d and a maxxlink and link both of them to the aq and will be a best option u can get and you would kill that w7 in loudness...

but if you war one th 2k rms and under range go for the sx... 15 inch

Bronze Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 34
so with my amp which is better.

Bronze Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 35
to be honest. i dont know much on matching up a sub to a amp. on wattage and ohms i need your help on this. the reason im using the amp is because i got it for $150. so i figure i will just go with my best option. on those two. please specify on which ohm speaker i should get also. 2 or 4 ohm dvc or svc.

Bronze Member
Username: Davidt487

Texas

Post Number: 88
i just bought a sx for that same amp and i built a ported box for it. i think they are a good combo. but i dont know if it will stay with a w7 though. do you have a ho alt and at least 2 guage cuz you are gonna need it.

Bronze Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 36
no whats the best place to get a ho alt. for a dodge 03 ram 1500 5.7 eng. on the sx and the audioque should i get 4 ohm dvc. to get a 2ohm load out of my amp. or is the other way around.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12853
a FI BL should be well suited with ur amp .....

Gold Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1233
The HCCA's were only good pre 1999 when their sensitivity was 99db! JMO The newer ones are still decent but nothing campared to old... anything after 1999 is not made by orion!!! They were bought by some other company, can't remember the name, but they now produce orion stuff...

Bronze Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 37
whats FI BL

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1237
It's Fi BL, and its a great sub....
Upload

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1238
This may help... www.ficaraudio.com

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 811
wouldnt that amp cook an sx or bl? that amp should do around 1600-1800 rms @ 1ohm and the sx and bl are only rated for 1000 rms.

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2050
They can both handle it if done properly.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 818
wow thats crazy underrating. whats the 1000 rms for, free air or somthing?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Post Number: 3613
bl is 1500 watts rms

Bronze Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 96
if i was you mike i would do eather a fi bl or a dd 3512. that would be really good for you and your amp

Bronze Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 38
so the fibl would match up better than audioque and sx. what ohm should i order. they have a dual 1 ohm . and how should i wire it to the amp at a 1 ohm load. i tried the crutchfield sub wiring to get an idea but they dont show any 1 ohm wiring. and i would probably need a ported box ive been looking here but if you know where i can get a good matching box let me know.
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3527

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 152
if you want 1 ohm load you want a dual 2.

Bronze Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 39
ok i get it now. i would wire it the same way you wire a dual 4ohm to get a 2ohm load. so fibl would be my best choice then?

Bronze Member

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 97
yeah or the DD3512

Bronze Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 40
i checked them out is that a better sub. How much does it go for $$.

Username: Ksita

Post Number: 1
Guys
I have JVC-DVL320 mini camcoder. I ahd used it extensively for abt 5 yrs now and it worked fine. Now wen i am trying to charge the battery, the light does not blink and also it does not get started. Can anyone help? is it that the batterys have exhausted and i hv to replace with new batteries or wat cud be the problem.

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

Team revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 747
I dont think the fi would stack up to the aq hdc312 as far as loudness, lows yes

Bronze Member

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 98
yes dd is one of the best subs out there. they will coast about the same as a 250 per sub is what i can get them.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 824
"bl is 1500 watts rms"
thats not what it says on the website. it might be with the flat wind and/or the cooling option but i would be hesitant to run a bl on that much power "stock"

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 374
doesnt the bp power option bump up its handling power another 500rms so then it would be 1500rms

Bronze Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 41
Timmy $250 per sub where at a website.
And do i still have to add options like the bl that would rack up the price. or is it beefed up and ready to bump. According to scott the hdc312 would still be louder than the bl.
Right know Its between fibl, hdc312, and dd3512 if you can get it for 250.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1006
My bro has a bxi2006d on a single Fi BL 12 and it owns. He has it in 1.1ft ported (way under what it should be in) enclosure tuned to 32hz with too small a port and it still sounds amazing. Great overall output with a nice sound on music to boot.

I've never been impressed with the W7 for the money, or in general for that matter. I'm not saying anything negative, just that I would spend my money on a 1/2 dozen different subs first (and have enough to buy two of a comperable sub for the same price).

From my experience I would get the BL with 2ohm coils, full cooling, daily, and flatwind options for an awesome daily setup.
I would feel confident giving it a clean 2000rms all day. I ran it off one of my Memphis 4KW amps for a while, and while I can't recommend it for long periods of time- I think it would be fine bassracing like that

Gold Member

Post Number: 3641
sinful systems... stop talking... the new orion HCCA owns...

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1251
"sinful systems... stop talking... the new orion HCCA owns..."

"stop talking... "

How about stating your opinion and not telling people what to do like everyone else on this forum who has respect!! I thought this was a forum where you give your info/opinion in the hopes of helping others... If you disagree with someones opinion thats fine but telling someone to "stop talking" and then state something that is your opinion, thats just ignorent. From Experience: The older, actual Orion built stuff, owns the newer orion stuff whether the new HCCA owns or not!!! How about you "stop talking" and quit being ignorent! When I say ignorent I am refering to what you did... let me explain, I stated my opinion on an open forum and then you tell me to not state my opinion and then post your opinion which is limited anyway since you were in junior high when orion made their best woofers.... so how are you going to tell me which is better. Besides the fact that I said the newer stuff is still good, just not like the older stuff. and especially calling me out, out of everyone else here!! Wow!!!

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1252
You don't see me going on other threads you posted your opinion on telling you to shut up! Do you? NO, because I have respect for people and especially to those who are trying to help! I am never disespectful to anyone(unless they show disrespect towards me), If I am positive someone has their info skewed than I politely try to correct it. not order someone around! Just treat others the way you would like to be treated!

Bronze Member

Riverside, Ca Usa

Post Number: 42
troy so if i get the fi bl. with these options
ohm: 2ohm
p chamfer: ?
cooling: yes
flatwing: yes
daily or spl: daily
extreme load: ?
universal: ?
do you recommend any of the ???
and thanks for all the help guys . to be honest i didnt know of these brands until this post. i only knew of sh!t they sold in best buy, circuit city. or cruthfield. i will probably make my order in a week or two so i want to get all the info i can.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1010
ohm: 2ohm
p chamfer: Included in Cooling, so no.
cooling: yes
flatwind: yes
daily or spl: daily
extreme lead: No
universal: Not really. You can do it, but chances are you'll never use it, and you will lose some motor strength.

Like I said, I've put a hurting on that sub, and my brother does as well on a daily basis and it works great. Good luck with whatever you go with.

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1253
The Cooling package includes the P Chamfer

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1254
sorry, I type slow!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3644
sinful... how's this sound.. do a little research on the HCCA and i will garuntee you it will stomp on the old HCCA. their 08' amps will compete with their old product too. you're right in saying the old stuff was good, but this new equipment is damn good as well.

on another subject, if this is an open forum like you said why would i care if you went on any thread you wanted to and said shut up? the fact i would probably disregard you is completely erroneous...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3645
by the way... "ignorent" is not a word. see ignorant.

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 380
by the way arroneous is not a word.. see erroneous lol

just wanted to chime in...

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1261
I don't believe in research as much as hands on experience! So we can agree that our opinions of Orion and HCCA's are good either way!! I don't understand why you wanted to start an argument... Oh and thank you for correcting my spelling! Very long day for me! Usual Mondays!

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1262
"by the way arroneous is not a word.. see erroneous lol"

It happens to everyone.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 3647
what happens to everyone?

Gold Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1263
Misspelling! That wasn't hard to understand!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us