Not sure how to describe this?

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 770
ok so im in the process designing my new box for 2 12" SX that i will be building this summer or over spring break if i have time. but i want to know if i slant the face of the box so that it will be at the same angle as me seats what do i do about the port since it will be a port 13" tall by 8" wide it is deffinately going to be affected. should i just cut the last peice of the port on the inside at that same angle or is there more to it?

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1766
if you're talking about the back of the box slanted, then the whole port, after the "L" bend will be slanted as well.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 776
no im talking about the front of the box being slanted the part where the port exits and the woofers are mounted into.

Silver Member
Username: Ska

Post Number: 108
to make up the difference, creat the exact center of the box's angle on the fron (ex 90 degrees) then move the agle while still keeping the difference, lets say you want to change it and the box's depth is 15inches, angle it and subtract and add the same number, 16 on bottom, then 14 on top, so on and so forth

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 779
ok thats what i thought but wasnt really sure. so basically if theres a 6.5 inch difference from the bottom and tom then i would have to maintain that same differene on the initial port opening, inside the box, correct?

Silver Member
Username: Ska

Post Number: 110
yes, basically, invert the port from the exit to the entrance if that makes sence, like keep the exact distance butinvert it do to the angle on the exit of the port

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 781
yea i got it. thats what i thought but just wanted to make sure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us