New box design help!

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 756
ok so ive made the decision to build a new box for whatever subs i do get, but not until the summer when i will actually have time.

but basically all i want to know is do you guys think it is better to build a narrower box and face the subs back into the trunk or build a box the size of the opening and face them foreward?

If it helps i drive a 2000 chrysler 300M (the ones like the intrepid and concorde, not the bentley looking one)

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12543
The intrepid has a huuuge trunk, assuming it's the same as yours. At least my sister's does. You should be able to still get the box you want AND the trunk space after.

It all depends on the subs you get and how much space they require.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 757
my trunk is a little smaller but the openings are very small my 4 cube box will not fit in my trunk opening. i had to take the back seat off to install it but i made it the size of the opening facing foreward and sealed it off with foam.

i guess all i really want to know is should face it foreward or back i guess.

i dont really need help building a box im pretty good at that actually.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 758
o also would 100 sqin of port be too much for a 5 cube net box with 2 12's?

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 759
shoot 1 more thing. when trying to determinr port length to you measue the shortest distane or longest distance?

you know how if you have a slot port and bend it around the corners of the box, how its a shorter distance on the inside of the port turn but longer on the out side. i am wondering which side to use as the port length.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 768
bump

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 769
ignor my inital question. i am goin to face them forewards and seal with foam no matter what. then i can use plexi agian for the trunk pop display show. and then my trunk lid wont vibrate either since thats where my amp is going.

but i still want to know what part of the slot port to use as the port length. and i want to know if 8x13 is to large of a port area for 2 12's in 5 cubes.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 771
also is 5 cubes net (after port and driver displacement) to big for 2 sx's? and will these be able to kill the lows tuned to 32 hz or should i tune lower?

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 772
also is 5 cubes net (after port and driver displacement) to big for 2 12" sx's? and will these be able to kill the lows tuned to 32 hz or should i tune lower?

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 777
also do you guys think it is worth giving up my spare tire compartment for a sub box. the new box im considering is going ot use just about all of my trunk.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us