I need help!!!

Username: Sk8terdude2088

FL

Post Number: 2
Hey guys I have a 2003 Ford F150 and I have two solobaric l7s in the back seat... I was wondering if a kicker 750.1 amp would make these things bump. or maybe some other suggestions on an amp.. I just got a good deal on the 750.1..!

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2352
Are the L7s dual 2 or dual 4ohm?

Depending on the ohm load you might be able to run that amp...but they wont be getting the power they want. On the other hand you wont need to get a new alternator with one kx750.1.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16982
if they are dual 2ohm you can rur both but if they are dual 4ohm, you are better off just running one sub. one L7 can still get insanely loud in your truck.

FL

Post Number: 3
Well they are Dual 4 ohms but cant i drop them down to 2 ohms a piece?

Platinum Member

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16983
if they are dual 4ohm, then you can only wire them to 1 or 4ohms. that amp is 2ohm stable. at 4ohms you'll barely see any power so you are better off running just one sub or get another amp that is 1ohm stable.

trust me just one sub in that truck is enough.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2354
x2 with chad. Just put the one in for awhile and then after you start to go deaf a little toss the other sub and get another 750.1.

FL

Post Number: 4
alrighty so just run 1 sub with the 750.1 would you reccomend me dropping it to 1 ohm if i just ran one?

FL

Post Number: 5
And for shits and giggles how would you reccomend me dropping it down to one ohm? even if i shouldnt?

Platinum Member

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16985
sean, don't drop it down to 1ohm on that amp. but if you want to, connect both + together and both - together on one sub and do that for the other as well. then connect the + from both subs to the + on the amp and - from both subs to the - on the amp. don't say i didn't warn you though.

welcome to the forum btw.

FL

Post Number: 6
Thank you Ifor the welcome lol... I am not going to drop it down to one ohm.. ha but i will take one sub out and get another box for it.. Should i go with sealed or ported for one sub and that amp..?! And tell me how I should wire that one sub to the amp for best sound....

Platinum Member

RD 1000.1D with SI MAG...

Post Number: 16987
ported

FL

Post Number: 7
ok so ported box with one sub.. kicker 750.1 amp.. I should wire both + on coil to amp + and both - on coil to - on amp? or do it series..?? and a 1 farad cap...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16988
no parallel. you got it the first time. both + to the amp + and both - to the amp -. build a nice ported box for that sub.

btw what size sub is it?

FL

Post Number: 8
its 12" .... You have any specs for a nice box??

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16989
look on keeker website. they should have a recomended volume and tuning for that sub.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16990
ported 1.75 - 3.25 cu ft for the 12. it doesn't tell you the tuning freq so you are on your own on that one. lol. maybe you can try around 33hz.

FL

Post Number: 9
lol tell me a little about tuning freq...! it would be very helpful!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16992
tuning freq is tuning freq. lol. its the frequency you want your box to peak at. now it doesn't necessarily mean that it will only play in that freq. usually lower the tuning better flat response you get from your sub.

it depending on the car and sub, different frequencies yield different results. i say 33hz cause its a good starting point. especially for the L7.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us