Need some input....

Bronze Member
Username: Stevil

Post Number: 26
Okay... I just bought a ZX1000.1 and it should be here tomorrow. I am looking at subs and am leaning toward a RE SX12. I have been told to go with the dual 4. Will this be a decently loud and low system? Or will a zx1000.1 hold up to a 1 ohm load?
Also, does this amp have sufficient rms power to push this sub daily? Thanks a ton!

Bronze Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 85
that amp is 2 ohm stable. Get a dual 4

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1907
I really hope the SX doesn't turn into the new L7 and with all the noobs buying the SX even though they don't know what they are doing then they are gonna blow them and give the SX's a bad rep :-(

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Thats why I am here asking people who DO know for advice. I really appreciate the help and advice I have gotten here.. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1527
Have you thought about going with a pair of single 4ohm subs (or a pair of dual 2ohm subs?
This is just an opinion but two subs with lesser power handling tend to be a bit more nimble than typical higher power subs. They tend to have stiffer suspensions, does this directly relate to SQ? Well, many of the car audio subs that i've listened to I would say yes.
Take Digital Designs for instance, I think two 1512's sound better then one 2512, and the overall amplitude is comparable as well.
Or Alpine, I like the sound of type R's over the type X, so a pair of R's for me haha.

The only time I would ever go with a single sub set-up is if space was limited.

As for your question though, I'm sure the SX would have no troubles with the KX. Both are great pieces of equipment.
Happy building and keep us informed during the process :D

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 219
yea u can run the zx's @ 1 ohm many do

Bronze Member
Username: Ska

Post Number: 53
^^You can? everyone that i've talked to said the amps life is cut drastically when ran at 1ohm...

but then again, the people that tell me this tell me they you NEVER look at RMS just MAX... lol

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 359
well if he hasnt gotten the sub yet, there's no problem. get the dual 4 end of story lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
well, that amp will prob be pushing out 1200-1400RMS, it comes with a verification paper showing the RMS at 2 ohms 14.4 volts, so getting 2 subs will cut that down to600-700 each which is still a good amount to power some type R's or something else

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 220
yea you can but you need a goood chargin system, im runnin 2 of them @ 1 ohm, but then again i got 240 alty, maybe puttin my stock back on (130) for idling, 2 kinetik 2400's 2 kinetik 600's, big 3, numerous 0 gauge wiring, etc etc etc, and i got 2 volt gauge for each amp to make sure it dont drop, but if you do run em jus be careful wit jeezy and gettin it loud

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 221
yea if you aint got the subs yet get the dual 4 ohm wire parrely down to 2 ohms then there ya go

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
ah. so you need to upgrade alot of others to make sure your amp is safe, ok, at least your not supid about it lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Okay. I want to run just one LOUD 12. I have a Ranger extended cab and there just isnt space. Will I need to mod my electricals for this amp? I will be getting a car with a trunk in the near future, but I still want to run a RE sx 12 in a ported box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
you might, what amp alt is in your truck and in the car you might get? whats the RMS on the sx?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
I believe the SX's rms is 1000. My electrical system is stock. But I am going to put everything into a trunk car which I assume will also have a stock electrical sys. What all would you recommend?
I will probably purchase components in the near future as well and run them off my RF punch 500a2. Thanks guys for all your knowledge....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
you should be good with just a yellow top batt, what is the amperage on the stock alts?

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 223
yea if your gettin jus one sub 4 sure then get the dual 2 ohm then, umm yea you should be iight lik no limit said wuts the stock alt put out? but normally you can run a round 1000 watts okay on stock but upgrade big 3 4 sure man

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Im thinking my alt puts out about 95amps. Not really sure though. Im no electrical genius...lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
what kind of car will you get?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Not sure. Looking at new camry or altima.... Forgot to mention my main interest is SPL...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
they'll be 100-120amp...

if SPL is your focous why not get some L7's?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
I had an L7 10" D2 and I loved it. I have a 10" L5 right now and as soon as I get my amp I want to see how it sounds. My current amp took a dump cause I was running it at 1 ohm. Plus its around 10 years old and has been BEAT DOWN. I have heard nothing but praise for the RE SX's and want to give it a shot...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
ok, well idk what posessed you to get an L5 but yea lol, just make sure your electrical will be able to handle everything you wanna do, an HO alt wouldn't be a bad investment, but seeing how new those cars are your going to be dipping DEEP into the bank for those lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Listenin to shady shop folks...lol

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 1149
"I really hope the SX doesn't turn into the new L7 and with all the noobs buying the SX even though they don't know what they are doing then they are gonna blow them and give the SX's a bad rep"

Havent you blown your L7's in the past?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Uh... I burnt out a tinsel lead on my L7 from what I was told, too much distortion due to underpowering which is what brought me to the L5...lol

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 360
"yea if your gettin jus one sub 4 sure then get the dual 2 ohm then, umm yea you should be iight lik no limit said wuts the stock alt put out? but normally you can run a round 1000 watts okay on stock but upgrade big 3 4 sure man"

I'm pretty sure he has an amp stable at 2 ohms, so why get a sub that wires to 1 or 4ohms? Get the dual 4.

There is no need to upgrade big 3 if you do not have a HO alt. from what I've heard on here. But you should probably get a ho alt before a battery.

nick

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 224
d@m i def look lik a dumbass haha i meant dual 4 my b my b but yea big 3 will help to some extent but id def get a HO be4 battery

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Good looks....

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1517
"I really hope the SX doesn't turn into the new L7 and with all the noobs buying the SX even though they don't know what they are doing then they are gonna blow them and give the SX's a bad rep""

i have never seen a person in my life running a re sub in my town lol.they dont even know what re audio is.only one car audio shop has heard of them here

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 871
AQ HDC315...thats what my friend is running off a ZX1000.1 and i like how it sounds in a custom 3.5cuft tuned @ 37hz box. :-) and he has stock electrical no upgrades.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Okay... Just bought an SX 12d4... zx1000.1 should be here tomorrow. Just gotta build a box. Once everything is here ya know Im gonna flood the board with questions...lol Anybody wanna buy a GENTLY used 10" L5d2? lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us